Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

poor
good
Read the review
Leinenkugel's Honey WeissLeinenkugel's Honey Weiss

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
leinie.com

Style: Kristalweizen

Added by TastyTaste on 03-07-2002

Ratings: 1,564 |  Reviews: 466

I love this beer during the summer time. I am not big on hints of taste. I haven't fully developed into that like I use to be on cigars so this is a poor mans review. It tastes like honey and wheat when you drink it. Like it on hot summers days with burgers, steak, or whatever else you decide to cook up. It is light and you will not be disappointed if your looking for a honey flavored beer.

4.73/5  rDev +60.3%

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss is a wheat beer made by Leinenkugel's Brewing Company in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. It's availabe mainly throughout the midwest US. It is one of my favorite three or four beers.

It's a fairly typical wheat beer, with a touch of a honey taste, however the honey taste isn't at all overpowering. The closest beer I can compare it with is Dundee's Honey Brown. It's typically served with a lemon slice, which I actually prefer not to have. It's remarkably refreshing during the summer, and smoothly satisfying even in the coldest of winter.

This is what I call a "gateway beer". So many people in the US are die hard Bud Light or Miller Light or <insert crappy mass produced American lager name here> fans, this is the beer I typically give these people to get them exposed to a different style of beer. This is the beer that woke me up to a whole new beer culture, and I am grateful for it.

Leinenkugel's also has a wide variety of other beers in their lineup, and most of them are good as well. In my opinion, Leinenkugel's has the best batch of variety beers (Sam Adams being a close second). To the people in Leinie country, I say thank you, and keep on brewing. To the people who have never tried a Leinie's, I say what are you waiting for? Drink up!

4.7/5  rDev +59.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.66/5  rDev +58%

4.63/5  rDev +56.9%

One of my summer favorites

4.61/5  rDev +56.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

The Honey Weiss is one of Leinenkugel's staples. Great beer.

4.59/5  rDev +55.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

This was actually a very good beer in my opinion. The aromas of honey when you open the bottle were very noticeable. The taste of this was also very good and will continue to drink this beer when I am able to do so. This is very popular in my area as well.

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5