Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

3.5

firstprev| 1501-1525 | 1526-1550 | 1551-1575  | next → last
Ratings: 1,568 |  Reviews: 467

1.33/5  rDev -56%

I poured myself a Leinenkugel Honey Weiss in a .3L weiss glass. The beer seemed to seperate itself for the glass itself. Mind you I carefully clean my glasses according to accepted beer standards. The pizza glass phenomenon is not for me. So I'm not sure why there was no beer clinging to the glass.

A- Not too bad; golden in color that looks okay under artificial lighting.

S- Not so good; I couldn't differentiate anything relating to Honey or wheat for that matter.

T- Yikes. What happened to the taste? There is nothing that resembles what we call 'flavor' in this beer.

M- Watery- that's being kind too.

O- Huge dissapointment. I expected something respectable. I know I have high standards but even an average beer drinker deserves better then this.

1.3/5  rDev -57%

1.28/5  rDev -57.6%

Pours a clear pale golden color with no head. Isn't thsi supposed to be a wheat beer, and thus have a cloudy appearance with a big head? The stench is of aour piss. The taste is not unlike the stench. The mouthfeel is thin and fizzy. Overall, this is a horrilbe beer. My speculation is that the people at Leinenkugal call corn wheat and wheat corn. There is certainly no detectable wheat in the beer.

1.25/5  rDev -58.6%

1.16/5  rDev -61.6%

A - Pours extremely light gold with a one finger head. Very bland looking.

S - Stale malt, rice adjunct. No honey.

T - Aluminum, stale malt, slight corn, very very slight honey.

M - Light watery body with almost no carbonation. Ohhh the water.

O - Overall, this beer couldn't have been any more boring. Seriously just tasted like a light adjunct. I wouldn't have it again.

1.15/5  rDev -61.9%

A - Crystal clear pale yellow brew that appears honey colored if you know the name of the beer, but in a blind test I would call this pale-macro-lager-yellow. A foamy two finger head quickly reduces to a thin wisp of dishwater haze. Some lace is left after swirling, but it all quickly slides back into the brew.

S - Cheapo macro-pils scent with only the faintest hint of of the wheat twang that I was expecting. Mineral and metallic notes are present also.

T - Tastes more wheaty than it smells. Initial wheat twang is replaced by a corny adjunct flavor that is more akin to BMC lagers than it is a wheat beer. I taste minerals, metals, and a very unpleasant sour flavor. A little bit of lemonade flavor. Cooked corn and sugar.

M - Thin and extremely carbonated. More like soda or an alco-pop than beer.

D - This stuff sucks.