Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Ratings: 1,344 |  Reviews: 382

1.5/5  rDev -47%

2.5/5  rDev -11.7%

1.5/5  rDev -47%

12 ounce bottle, there's a date of SEP 26 11 printed on it, but I have no idea if that's the bottled on or best by date. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a pinkish/amber color with a half inch light pink head. The head goes away quickly, and there isn't much lacing. The brew smells like berry fruit juice/drinks and grain. For the most part it tastes like it smells, it tastes like a mix of fruit juice, grainy malt and berry flavored carbonated water. The flavor isn't quite as artificial tasting as I was expecting, so that's a plus. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's a little bit syrupy and is well carbonated. As far as fruit beers go, I'd have to say this is average all around. I've had better and I've had worse. I don't think I'd buy a 6 pack of this, but if someone gave me a bottle (a friend did give me this one) I wouldn't turn it down, either.

2.11/5  rDev -25.4%

Had this at a friends house, it was the only one left and it was offered to me so i said what the hell.

Did not pour this into a glass the bottle was so cold almost frosty. this beer isn't my usual type to drink so i'm gonna start off by saying i wasn't a big fan of it. It was very fruity (berry) and grainy, so carbonated i could also sense it in the smell.

the taste was everything you'd think, like a carbonated kool-aid mix, definetly not what a ber should ever taste like! in a way i enjoyed the carbonation, it's basicly the ONLY thing i did enjoy. Everyone has they're own taste in beer, but this wasn't mine.

Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company