Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

1.5/5  rDev -47%

1.25/5  rDev -55.8%

2.5/5  rDev -11.7%

2.57/5  rDev -9.2%

Appearance: A light reddish pink with a decent head that quickly dies down. Very little lacing.

Smell: A strong mixture of fruity berries. A first smell I already know that this beer is not going to be for me.

Taste: Extremely tart. Way too sweet for my liking. When I initially purchased this beer I expected a slight berry taste with a least some beer taste to it. But that is not the case with this beer, it tastes like a berry soda. Isn't terrible for hot days but that's the best review I can give it. After each drink I cringe at the tartness. Could not drink more than one bottle in a day. I'll give the rest of the six pack to my girlfriend and hope it doesn't go to waste.

Mouthfeel: Feel is medium body but not due to any normal ingredients you expect in a beer but medium because of the amount of sugar they pour into this beer.

Overall: The first drink or two is ok but even after that tasting I can already feel myself growing distant from the beer. I've heard of people mixing this beer half and half with other beers and I can understand why. It's simply overwhelming, if Leinenkugels could cut the taste in half I would be much more satisfied.

2.25/5  rDev -20.5%