Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by stirgy on 03-25-2002

Ratings: 1,337 |  Reviews: 380

1.04/5  rDev -64.5%

I did not enjoy this at all..I always see this beer but never actually see anybody buy it and now I know why..way too sweet! Maybe someone goin from wine coolers to beer might enjoy this !

1.2/5  rDev -59%

Background: Got this CHEAP on end of summer clearance.

Apperance: Red. Like a blush wine.
Smell: Oh gawd, its sweet. Berries (Raspberry and/or Bueberry?)
Taste: Oh gawd, sickly sweet. No man should have to endure.
Mouthfeel: Felt good after the taste left my mouth.
Drinkability: How could a person drink more than one.

Final Thoughts: I should have known better. Not even my wife would drink more than one. Appeals to idiot White Zin drinkers. I think I stained my sink when I poured the other four down the drain.
Bad, yet I keep seeing this every summer, so someone is drinking it (or buying it to try, saying EEK! and dumping).

1.2/5  rDev -59%

You call this beer? Pour is a brighter red color. Not really the color you expect from beer. The head of non-existent and no lacing to speak of.

The smell was poor over all. No malt or hops to speak of. A more wine cooler smell.

The taste is similar. Wine cooler wild berry taste. No really malt detection nor any hops. More of a sugary syrup with artificial tropical flavoring. The flavor itself is not bad but you cant call it beer.

The body was light. A tad watery and limited carbonation. Overall this is not a beer, it’s a wine cooler.

1.22/5  rDev -58.4%

It say on the bottle it is brewed "...by 73 people who care." I don't know what they care about because it sure isn't the taste of this stuff. Tastes like shook up Boones Farm poured into a dirty coffee cup. Looks like pink lemonade, beer shouldn't look like that. If you like Zima, but feel it isn't sweet enough for you give this stuff a try. I don't know what it is, but it ain't beer!

1.23/5  rDev -58%

This is without a doubt one of the worst beers I have ever tried, It is not even worthy of a pour into any of my glassware lest the super sweet artificial flavors may forever taint my glassware, i would rather drink any other beer before this atrocity, The only way i was able to finish half the bottle(wich was left at my house after a cookout) was to pretend it was a wine cooler, wich it's taste more resembles....do not buy, do not drink for free

1.25/5  rDev -57.3%