Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Ratings: 1,340 |  Reviews: 381
2.5/5  rDev -11.3%

2.5/5  rDev -11.3%

3.5/5  rDev +24.1%

It has a weizen aroma you can smell almost immediately with a huge berry aroma wafting at you. The head has a fuchsia tint but is of good size and there is some very nice lacing. The body is a red almost pink color. It tastes very sweet with a sour berry aftertaste. It reminds me of a lot of the malternatives around. The mouthfeel is light but has a lot carbonation causing fizz burn.

3.79/5  rDev +34.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a bottle into a lager glass. Pours a dark pink with a finger and a half worth of head. Interesting, to say the least. It smells exactly like a strawberry milkshake and is very appealing to anybody, even my girlfriend who typically doesn't enjoy any type of beer. The taste is of cherry 7up and that's about it. Not bad, But not really that great. While leaving it in the mouth, No additional flavors come through, it only feels like sparkling wine upon your tongue. Once again, interesting. Overall, This was a good " beer " however not something that I could drink a lot of.

1.6/5  rDev -43.3%

A= scary purple not typical of beer with a light head
S= fruity not a beer smell at all. Coulda fooled me into thinking it was wine
T= Way way way to fruity. They over did this beer. I'm usually a fan of Lines but this one is just not for me. I know plenty of girls who live for it though
M= high carbonation which in my opinion made it a little more drinkable
D= Hard to do more than one without something in between. Gave me a little tummy ache :(

3.09/5  rDev +9.6%

12 oz. bottle tried 25 Jul 2007.

Medium sized pinkish head. Rosy slightly cloudy purple haze. Smells like raspberry jam, but kinda one dimensional. Tastes like very sweet well carbonated raspberry koolaid. Finishes with a faint tartness. Medium body. Alcohol minimal.

The beer to drink when the beer you want is a slightly alcoholic berry soda.

2.25/5  rDev -20.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.8/5  rDev -0.7%

I can't complain about the appearance of this brew. From a decent pour, it has a good amount of head that retains as light lacing through to the end of my 12oz serving. The body is hazy, and plum in color. I'd bet there's color added to this brew to make it more appealing to the masses.

Taste and smell wise it's all tart berries... Nuff said.

Okay, this is a wine cooler basically. Tastes good and refreshing, but not a classic beer style.

3.14/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

12oz bottle (best before Oct 21, 2013) served in a Shaker pint glass.

Appearance: Cloudy pink/orange (almost like a deep grapefruit) color. Thin white/lt. pink foam across the top. Some occasional strands of lacing here and there.

Smell: Blackberry, fruity, just a barest hint of grain under it all.

Taste: Fruit up front, in the middle, and at the back. If there is beer in here, it is well hidden. Fruit is blackberry with some citrus thrown in. Some hints of strawberry as well but I suspect that's one of the other berries in this beer. Quite sweet - approaching cloying.

Mouthfeel: Just right carbonation, but otherwise more like a juice in mouthfeel.

Overall / Drinkability: I got this an extra at a beer tasting. When this particular beer is mixed with Leinenkugel's summer shandy it is a very nice combo. By itself, I can see why others in the room thought this was a wine cooler. Fruity and the beer gets lost in it all. I finished this bottle, but I don't think I would go for another, although I'll give it a slight increase in rating due to it being refreshing. Which I suppose is the whole point behind a shandy or radler during the summer. That fruit serves as a pick-me-up when its hot out and you want something to drink, but not to get drunk. This works on the grounds of slaking thirst and it's not awful, but it's awfully sweet and once done, I'm good and have no interest in another.

3.5/5  rDev +24.1%

I like this more than I should.

2.75/5  rDev -2.5%

3.75/5  rDev +33%

1.25/5  rDev -55.7%

2.39/5  rDev -15.2%

Pours out a weird mix of orange and a hint of red. Body is hazed over. Head is a pink-tinted off-white and leaves some lacing. Smells like Cisco, blackberry jam, cherry Jello, and fruit roll-ups. Wheat comes out more in the taste, but not by much. Still overly sweet with all of the artificial characteristics found in the aroma. I taste a good deal of Cisco in this one. Mouthfeel is somewhat fulsome by the residual sugars and has a lively carbonation. This is too sweet and too Cisco-y for me. They should call this Cisco Swerve.

2.25/5  rDev -20.2%