Leinenkugel's Original | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

leinie.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-11-2002

4.89/5  rDev +66.3%

There is no better beer in america. i have been drinking this beer for 25 years and would love to be able to pick up some in the tampa fl market.
This is a beer to start off with when you first sit down.
it is so special you dont what to blow thru em like water

THIS IS A HIGH PRICED BEER BUT WORTH IT
SAME PRICE AS THE GERMAN IMPORTS
7.99 6 PACK

4.8/5  rDev +63.3%

Combined with 3 varieties of pale malts and cluster hops this traditonal american lager pours a rich golden colour with a crisp clean taste and great drinkability, for being a light lager it sure tastes like an original german lager because of the traditional brewing process so I say I would recommend this beer to anyone who enjoys a good lager.

4.25/5  rDev +44.6%

4.15/5  rDev +41.2%

I am not reviewing this beer with my present beer palate in mind, here's why: I used to drink this beer everyday. Usually a couple. I'd maybe have one with my lunch, then another one or two with dinner and then maybe another one later on. I thought, and still think, that it tastes fantastic and goes down smooth.
However, as I continued to drink it, I noticed that it was incredibly sweet. This isn't a bad thing, indeed, it helps push its drinkability up to a 5; however, when you are drinking something this sweet in those volumes, it eventually becomes cloying.
I can't stand Leinie's O from the bottle anymore. From the tap, however, it is still quite tastey-- a testament to the skill this beer took to brew.
Also, Leinie's O has something that most other beers of its flavour class do not: price. This is a great bang for your buck! Cheap AND tastey? Too bad I drank too much of it.

4.15/5  rDev +41.2%

When I drink this beer, I usually have it on tap but, I've had it in bottles and cans plenty of times.

Appearance is a light, straw color with a white head.

Smells hoppy and grainy.

Tastes I get are hops, adjuncts and citrus at the end.

Light mouthfeel with medium carbonation.

Leinie's is a very good Northwoods brew. The brewery isn't that far from where I live either.

Leinenkugel's Original from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company