Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

leinie.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by jj21 on 10-27-2007

Ratings: 1,280 |  Reviews: 488

Nice brownish blackish color with a brownish head. Taste of coffee, chocolate among others. Smells heavenly. Very crisp feeling in the mouth and smooth drinkabilty going all the way down. Definitely a good beer to have a good day or when you had it up to your eyeballs at work

Appearance - pours a thick, oily black into the SA glass. Two fingers of richly dark mocha foam form up, making a creamy smooth cover across the top with a various assortment of bubbles. The slowly receding head leaves almost a solid sheer of lace behind. Wow.

Aroma - monstrously rich roasted, chocolatey aroma with heavy deep fruits and tobacco, maybe a side of soy. Slightly smoky, totally delicious smelling.

Taste - huge roasty malts, oh mercy. Sweet, dark coffee, chocolate, all enhanced by some well-hidden abv. Very intense flavors everywhere, no flaws that I can tell. The swallow is chocolatey and warm, the finish is roasty, sweet, and begs for another sip.

Mouthfeel - heavy, smooth and coating as I hoped and expected. The carbonation is there, but well-beaten down by the body.

Drinkability - a top shelf RIS that can challenge any other in a blind taste test. Thanks a ton to pimpp for the bottle, I'll be on the lookout for this one next time it comes around.

Its been a long time since a beer inspired me to write a beer review. The beer was lightly chilled and served in an Imperial Nonic.

Appearance: The beer poured an impenetrable to light blackness. The head is about a finger and half. The head of the beer is the color of lightly creamed coffee. The lacing on the beer leaves nice concentric rings down my glass.

Smell: Good gods!... Leinenkugel hits it out of the park. The beer delivers on the expected dark roasted and toasted aromas of coffee, chocolate, a whiff of smokeyness, dark fruity sweetness, raisans, plums, bourbon or perhaps rum, molasses. Well played!...

Taste: This beer delivers in the flavor department. The expected dark chocolate and darkly roasted and toasted malt. Then the beer goes kind of fruity in a swell way. The middle of the flavor has the flavor of rum soaked berries and cherries. The bitterness returns and finishes off the beer.

Mouthfeel: The beer has a very pleasing low carbonated full body. The flavors last a long while. The alcohol is a little hot but in a pleasing fashion.

Drinkability: SOB I bought two bottles of this while I was in Michigan. The other bottle is my wifes. This beer met and exceeded all my expectations for a Russian Imperial Stout. The beer left my glass at a distressing pace. I wasnt disappointed with this beer. If you like Russian Imperial Stouts you wont be either. Well played Leinenekugel!...

Taste:

I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!! I love this stuff!!!

BINGO BINGO BINNNGGOOOOO,Dirty Da r k and will bark