Leinenkugel's Classic Amber | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

1.25/5  rDev -60.2%

1.5/5  rDev -52.2%

1.5/5  rDev -52.2%

1.73/5  rDev -44.9%

I've been on an amber kick so I thought "what the hell?" I poured into a pint glass to little head that quickly receded. The smell was malty with some fruitiness. The taste was even worse than the Moe's Backroom Amber that I had two nights ago. I have to say that I am disappointed in this attempt at an amber.

1.73/5  rDev -44.9%

A: Pours a slightly hazy honey color. The appearance of this beer is the best part of this beer.

S: Very unusual smell...grainy or metallic but not pleasant at all.

T: Some hops bitterness comes through especially in the back of the throat. Not much else in the taste except for a very unpleasant metallic after taste.

M: Not bad, Not great. Sort of thin and a lot of carbonation.

D: I really don't care for this beer! Makes me want to grab some chips or peanuts. Something to get that after taste out of my mouth. I've talked to a lot of my northern neighbors who really like their "Leinies" but I guess I am just not a fan.

1.99/5  rDev -36.6%

I just can't resist the winter sampler packs... They shall be my downfall.

Really light color-- it's pretty gold with just a touch of "dark gold" color. Maybe it's just me, but I figured this Classic Amber would be a little, you know, amber.
White fizzy head... Streaming bubbles of carbonation in copious amounts. Nice legs, decent retention, but no lace left behind for more than a brief bit.

Smells bland. The nose is very subdued.
Some sweet malt... Little chalky finish. Hops are almost nonexistent, save for a touch of bitterness on the finish.

Way too overcarbonated. This is fizzier than a BMC lager. (and yes, I'm aware this technically qualifies as "a BMC lager," don't VE pedantic).

Overall-- choice between this beer and;
water-- I take water.
Bud lite-- I take the classic amber.

Pours a clean yellow to orange-ish color with an off white head. In the aroma, a sweet malt. In the taste, a sweeter malt and a bite gingerbread like. A small bite and a medium bodied mouthfeel, with a dry malt in the aftertaste. A sweet gingerbread malt to a dry end, eh!, really lacking any flavor.

Leinenkugel's Classic Amber from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company