Leinenkugel's Classic Amber | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

leinie.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by Bitterbill on 10-31-2008

3.25/5  rDev +3.5%

Purchased at Bruno's at the Summit in Birmingham. Nice amber color to this one with a slight off-white head. Smells malty with very little hops coming through. The taste is exactly the same. While malty and decently flavored, there are not many hops present at all. I would not be quite as harsh in my review if the label hadn't proclaimed 4 kind of hops inside. I just can't find them. On a brighter note, this beer is drinkable and sessionable. Still better than most big macro brews.

3.25/5  rDev +3.5%

Orange amber in color with a thin head.

Nose has notes of caramel and biscuit.

Taste has plenty more caramel and amber characters. Drinkable with little hop presence. Medium bodied and a crisp finish. Fairly malty with some fruity esters of pear and apple. This really leans towards an amber ale and originally that's what I thought this was.

This is a nice amber beer and I've enjoyed it more on-tap than in the bottle. It tends to seem a bit fuller-bodied and maltier. Solid but never blows me away.

3.25/5  rDev +3.5%

I was really thinking and hoping that I would like this one. I don't have anything bad to say about it, but I also don't have anything good to say.

It has too much of a wheat taste to it, and seems to outplace the amber taste. Wheat beer is fine, but I was in the mood for an amber, so I was a little disappointed.

I'll give Leinenkugel another chance, but with something else. Maybe their summer shanty, I heard it was pretty good.

Leinenkugel's Classic Amber from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company