Num Skull | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

leinie.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by BeerFMAndy on 10-19-2009

3.33/5  rDev -3.2%

Available only though Applebee's Restaurants, I had a pint last night. 12 oz tap pour into a pint glass for $3.99. I called today regarding the brewer since I couldn't find it online. The bartender said it's brewed for them by Leinenkugel's.
[I think it's an Amber beer but I've contacted the brewery to find out for sure.]

A - Clear bronzy amber with a moderate but well retained tan head. Bits of lacing clung to the glass.

S - Toasty amber malts with a well-balanced floral hop finish. Crisp and clean with a b it of bitterness on the nose.

T - Clean amber toasted malts with a caramel sweetness hint. It finishes with a dry and bitter herbal hop flavor with a bit of black pepper spiciness. Good complexities.

M - Smooth starting with a spicy finish that's dry and lightly bitter. Medium-bodied. Complex and a bit watery with a harsh carbonation spritziness at the end.

D - It's not a bad beer all-around. It went well with my A-1 Steak Burger and would make for a good sessioner.

3.75/5  rDev +9%