Leinenkugel's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Added by TheSixthRing on 11-03-2012

Ratings: 1,763 |  Reviews: 246
3.1/5  rDev -8.3%

3.84/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.54/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer is on special at a bar my wife and I go to trivia at most Tuesday's, and this bar has a very limited craft beer selection so I figured what the heck? Poured out of a 12 oz bottle into a problem not glass, this beer pours a very dark amber/light brown color with deep ruby highlights. Has a slightly tan/off-white head that's half an inch thick when first poured that settles to a thick ring lining the inside of the glass along with a big spot cluster of surface foam. Not too much lacing. Aromas of some roasted caramel malts along with bits of coffee and chocolate. Rounded out with a bit of hops. Has a fairly crisp, smooth, medium bodied mouthfeel with a slightly clean and dry finish. An okay beer all around here.

3.42/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 2 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Appearance: very dark brown, head dissipates quickly and doesn't leave much lacing. Not opaque like most porters.

Smell: smells strongly of vanilla, much more so than most vanilla porters. Also some malt. I kind of enjoy the aroma.

Taste: also tastes strongly of vanilla, maybe a hint of coffee and/or chocolate.

Feel: smooth, not very carbonated, which is to be expected. Not bad but not great.

Overall: not as bad as people on here say, but not the best beer ever. I enjoyed it but wouldn't go out of my way for more.

3.5/5  rDev +3.6%

3.5/5  rDev +3.6%

4.95/5  rDev +46.4%

an excellent beer overall. Nice dark brown blackish color to it. Small to medium head. Taste of hops and chocolate and other. A great holiday beer and it goes down quite smoothly

3.71/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.28/5  rDev -3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.2/5  rDev -5.3%

I bought this in my search for a good vanilla beer. It's very light in smell and feel for a traditional porter. The flavor doesn't hit until it's almost swallowed. It's more on the sweet side but doesn't have a strong vanilla flavor. The malt flavors are noticed on the bottom and top rear sides of the tounge and give a traditional porter chocolate - coffee note taste. The sweeter flavor lasts at the back roof of the mouth and doesn't leave too strong of an after taste as porters go. I prefer IPAs but if you are looking into starting to like Porters this could be a good one to try as it's not as intense as others are.

I wish I could give this beer a -5. Since I love porters, I decided to try something new. Because of this beer I will never try anything new again. Tasted like soy sauce and vomit. A waste of money. We should have been paid to drink this, and if I had known how bad it was, I would have left the money and the beer and run. I wouldn't wish this beer upon my worst enemy. If I had to choose between drinking this beer once and eating an entire jar of mayonnaise for the rest of my life, I would choose mayonnaise gladly. DO NOT BUY unless someone is forcing you to at gunpoint. Warn your friends about this garbage.

3.12/5  rDev -7.7%

3.77/5  rDev +11.5%

2.51/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

3.99/5  rDev +18%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

3.67/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.12/5  rDev +21.9%

4.13/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.51/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.59/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.72/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.93/5  rDev +16.3%

4.13/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I know this is a MillerCoors product, so the beer snob in me doesn't want to like it, but I can't help myself. I love it.

Awesome light Porter, chocolate notes and very subtle vanilla, not too heavy. I could (and will) drink these all night.

3.31/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Leinenkugel's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company