Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout Bourbon Barrel-aged With Cherries | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
leinie.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by mothman on 12-24-2012

3.7/5  rDev 0%

This must have been somewhat of a hidden gem at Great Taste (or no one wanted to drink it), but there was no lines for it. I got a large pour from one of the brewers. It was black with a nice collar of tan head.

This beer had a ton of cherries, maybe a few too many. Not as much barrel flavors as I'd like. It was good, but not what I was expecting. I like Big Eddy RIS and I think I would enjoy the barrel aged version without the cherries. It tasted very similar to the regular version, but with a dominate cherry flavor.

A solid offering, but not something I was heavily impressed with. Still cool to try!

4.25/5  rDev 0%

Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout Bourbon Barrel-aged With Cherries from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company