Asahi Super Dry | Asahi Breweries Ltd

asahibeer.co.jp

Style: Japanese Rice Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-15-2002

Ratings: 1,513 |  Reviews: 524

Hands Down my Favorite Summertime Beer. It is clean and refreshing. I will reach for an Asahi Super Dry over any beer in the world. Osaka is where Asahi was Born, and no wonder, Osaka is where all the greatest Brews are made, including the Sake. I believe it has a Very crisp taste with a clean finish. After drinking six of them, I ponder why they made the "Golden Turd" so pronounced and why they located their Headquarters in Tokyo. I do find it has a slightly different taste in Japan than in the USA. For some reason everything brewed in Canada taste almost identical. Interesting.
Still better than Kirin because it is drastically smoother. Almost impossible to find it in cans in the USA.

4.88/5  rDev +80.1%

I am quite shocked to see the bad reviews. I love the dryness of this beer. To me it is better than Sapporo, though who can compete with the sturdiness of that can? Well, this is one of my favorite beers so wanted to give it a thumbs up. This minimum character ruling is annoying by the way!

4.74/5  rDev +74.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.6/5  rDev +69.7%

4.58/5  rDev +69%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +66.1%

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.37/5  rDev +61.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I've only had this in the bottle. I've drank it late nights in Downtown LA after clubbing.

The beer is light golden colored beer. It has a wheat taste and it goes down smooth. This is very popular beer so most beer fans have already drank this one like I have. If you haven't tried it, what are you waiting for. Got get some!

4.33/5  rDev +59.8%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: golden, clear; lots of bubbles streaming up the glass; soapy,
white head.

Aroma: a strong, stereotypical beer aroma; grainy; grassy.

Taste: grainy; grassy; dry; and a slightly hoppy finish.

Finish: semi-dry, crisp, refreshing.

4.31/5  rDev +59%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

If you want a beer that is dry (with no aftertaste) and you can drink like water, this is for you. I love it because it goes down so easy. I understand it has a poor rating here because most guys are looking for richer hoppier flavors with a stronger aftertaste. I, at the moment don't want that, so my rating is skewed highly. I love ricey matly dry beer. Just wish there were more options (PM me with suggestions).

4.3/5  rDev +58.7%

This is a delicious change of pace.A nice crisp taste with little or no aftertaste.This beer offers little carbonation without any bloating.Slightly higher price than your average beer but your tastebuds and stomach will thank you for it.In my opinion give it at least a try!

4.28/5  rDev +57.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is best had in Japan served at 2 degrees C. The stuff made for North America by Molson is a poor imitation. Had it on a business trip to Japan and looked for it when I returned. Found it and was shocked at both the look and taste. Weak head, typical Molson Coors taste. This should not be the "banquet beer" but it tasted like it. The price we pay for having to settle for an imitation of the original. Not even an export version.

4.2/5  rDev +55%

Asahi Super Dry has a thick, white head and a clear, bubbly, straw appearance, with a decent amount of lacing left behind. The aroma is of indistinguishable grains and some slight sweetness. Taste is initially of malt, but then at the middle to the end of the sip one encounters a partially sweet alcohol flavor, and this is fairly bold. The aftertaste is grassy and stinging. The mouthfeel is light and watery, and Asahi Super Dry finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and super dry. Overall, I really like this beer, and I recommend it.

RJT