Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus | Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001

Ratings: 4,498 |  Reviews: 2,143

4.03/5  rDev -6.5%

A beer I have had tons of times, tonight is a well aged bottle from a case I must of bought at least six years ago. A lot boozier than when it is fresher. Memories of having this fresh at there gasthaus in Munich creeping back an old time favourite that is great aged or fresh and the measure but what all doppleweizen bocks should be measured.

4.24/5  rDev -1.6%

500 mL bottle poured into a British pint glass. Bottle dated 9/20/2010.

Appearance - Murky brown as it pours. A nice size head that's gone quickly. No lacing and after a bit it looks rather dead.

Smell - A combination I've never smelled. Hefeweizen fruitiness balanced with doppelbock deep caramel. Lots of banana and clove and a smell I can pinpoint. Some reviews say bubble gum, but I'm not convince that's entirely accurate.

Taste - A more accentuated combination than the aromas forebode. The flavors blend more cohesively. Banana, clove, that undefined sweetness, and chocolatey caramel all in one flavor. Really a great flavor. It doesn't really transform into anything, but the flavor is great.

Mouthfeel - So it's not light, but it isn't heavy. The flavors make it feel extremely drinkable, but the body is substantial enough to prevent me from really downing it. Remarkably easy to drink, though.

Overall - I am really surprised by how good this is. I didn't know what to expect from a style I've never had, but it's quite tasty. I look forward to trying the Eisbock.

2.9/5  rDev -32.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

0,51 l bottle poured into a pilsner glass...

A- chocolate brown with a nice full tan head that settles into a generous lace.

S- caramel and roasted barley. there is also that"I drank too much at a German bier gaarten" smell to it.

T- yep, the bier gaarten thing again. This beer is plenty sweet with caramel and brown sugar leading the way. It packs plenty of wallop at 8.2% ABV, but (for me) it drinks like a strong barley wine.

MF- sweet that finishes wet. No too impressive for me, but this is not how I like my beer. .

O- if you like sweet German beers with lots-O-kick, this is your beer. This is not what I like in a beer. On my first trip to Germany my first beer was of a similar style, which left me wondering what all the "German bier" fuss was about.

3.5/5  rDev -18.8%