Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus | Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH
Germany
schneider-weisse.de

Style: Weizenbock

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001

Ratings: 4,496 |  Reviews: 2,142

I bought this bottle on a whim at Marcello's in Lafayette, LA. Little did I know that I was in for. This beer was so delicious, and I could not find anything bad about it. Upon opening, I immediately poured it into a glass and noticed how nice of a head came out of it. As I began to drink it, I noticed aromas of fruit, a heavy but not-to-sweet taste with an incredible champagne-like carbonation.

I bought this beer at a time when I was strictly drinking IPA's and assorted Pale's, and I could argue that this beer helped change my taste. I highly recommend this beer to anyone who likes a variety of beers.

Everything from Schneider Weisse is great, but Tap 6 is simply awesome!

Arguably the best beer in the WORLD!!!

Schneider Aventinus is the beer that made a craft beer lover out of me. I have enjoyed this dozens of times and the magic never seems to fade.

(Did you know that bock beers are actually a style of lager?)

Stunning color, rich, deep and lovely dark brown-red-black with a great 2 finger head.

Smells of all the nutty, cocoa-ey, molasses-ey, and espresso-ey goodness of all that is doppelbock.

Tastes of the heavens. This is heavy without being weighty, rich without being overpowering, and supremely balanced.

The texture is the best I have had from bottle and pretty much draft (with the exception of the great nitro-tap stouts).

So drinkable it is with the great balance and smooth finish.

Honestly, superb!

I'm glad I can finally leave a review of Aventinus, a brew I found in Germany a year ago and have managed to enjoy often since then.

Served in a 1 pint plus .9 fl. oz. bottle, no freshness date marked.

A: Pours a nice, deep brown. Good sized tan head with nice lacing. Pretty much clear, with some slight clouding.

S: Has an undoubtedly alcoholic scent, along with notes of clove, fruit and banana.

T: Wow. I've heard more than one reviewer call Aventinus "The Nectar of the Gods" and I couldn't agree more. Starts off sweet with a little bit of fruity tang, plus some slight caramel flavors. Finishes more with clove and an alcoholic taste.

M: For the most part, heavy and creamy... though there is paradoxally a crispness to the beer as well. Incredibly pleasant warming alcohol feel as well.

D: I would only suggest one or two of these in a night, but that doesn't mean that the beer has low drinkability. Rather, I could happily have Aventinus every night.

Notes: A golden standard for the Weizenbock, and for quality brewing in general. Probably as close to a perfect beer as can be found on earth.