Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus | Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH
Germany
schneider-weisse.de

Style: Weizenbock

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001

Ratings: 4,484 |  Reviews: 2,140

Not a great tasting beer.

3.03/5  rDev -29.7%

As a Bock fan, and having enjoyed a few weat-Bocks, I thought this beer would be a great late night treat. Especially after reading the reviews on here, and seeing it somehow managed to receive an "A".

Poured into a mug from the bottle I noticed the carbonation almost as soon as I was done pouring. This beer had a mouth feel of a soda, very bubbily and not very beer like. Very wheat taste, and as I would expect from a bock there should have been some sort of maltiness, sadly this was not the case.

on another note there were some nice fruity hints in the smell, but the bitter finish ruined any pleasantness I had with this beer.

3.06/5  rDev -29%

7/17/02
What's the deal with making dark wheat beers? Aren't they supposed to be light and refreshing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAVEAT: Not my Style

Translucent amber, with a quick, foam-rubber looking head. Tart clove nose with a deep alcohol scent, kind of reminds me of Chimay Belgians.

Definite wood tones in the mid-taste, tangy throughout, and finishes on the dry side.

Good Beer. I could live on it.

Who's the monk-looking dude?

3.06/5  rDev -29%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

pours an unfiltered reddish brown with three fingers of creamy head that dissipated but never entirely left.

smell is sweet molasses malts with raspberry and something that reminds me of bubble gum.

taste is a bit sweet and malty and very smooth with subtle fruit. unfortunately there are undertones of bubble gum flavor for me that is just not good and it got worse as the beer went on.

mouth is medium bodied with low carbonation.

i was shocked when I opened up the BA page and saw the reviews for this one. I have never been this far below the average but I just did not like this beer at all.

3.07/5  rDev -28.8%

Pouring this, I was rewarded with an initial 1.75 inch, hi density off-white foamy head and the color of the beer is a burnt caramel. The carbonation is at the initial pour, almost champagne like in intensity, with bubbles ascending from all sectors of the glasses interior. The nose offers copious quantities of clove and fennel which somewhat dissipates revealing the yeast and a hint of dark chocolate. The initial mouth feel is quite creamy, as a portion of the head exists throughout the tasting. The finish is quite crisp, due to the persistent carbonation. For me, the clove-like underpinnings remind me somewhat of a "seasonal" holiday flavored brew, and somewhat detract from the overall drinkability of this beer. The combined expansive nature of the style, and the prominent clove / fennel like flavor deeply embedded in this beer is a bit "over the top" as I began to get subtle indications that having gone onto a second bottle might have encouraged my gag reflex into operation. It is the nose of this product that has an enormous weight on how this beer will be generally perceived, evaluated and ultimately enjoyed. The taste is moderately potable, but there is no escaping the outgassing of odoriferous emanations. Although interesting to try, it is doubtful that this beer will find a place in my cellar now or in the future.

3.08/5  rDev -28.5%

Pours a reddish brown color. Very odd fizzy head that recedes into nothing. Clove dominates in the smell, as well as something else that I don't like at all. Taste is of cloves and some bananas, with a bit of chocolate. There's almost a burning aftertaste that's rather unpleasent.

Overall, I don't really care for this brew. Not only is it darn expensive ($4 bucks a bottle, almost the same as a Rogue bomber), but it just doesn't do anything for me. I may try it again in a year or so, once my tastebuds have grown.

3.1/5  rDev -28.1%

Pours a distinct carmel color. Significant head, but doesnt look carbonated in the body ... at least to the degree of head.

Smells like a malty bock. Sweet, doppel, citrus? Did I mention malt? Dont really smell the abv, though there is something crisp about the smell. Is crisp a smell?

Smells much more malty than the taste. Initial is a bit uninspiring. Was expecting something more pungent considering the envigorating smell. Ending is nice. A bit malty, but nothing that catches me. Maybe Im missing something. Its a bock, yes. I guess I dont understand the style difference from other bocks.

A bit smooth, better than the carbonation looks. Like most other bocks.

I gotta go average here. This beer hasnt done much to awe me. Its a decent beer, but Im not getting the part thats going to being me back to it unless Im in Germany ;)

3.1/5  rDev -28.1%

On first sip, this beer grabbed me. I liked it right away but after a few sips the sweetness got to me. It is very thick and syrupy and all I could think of was Dr. Pepper. Once the thought of Dr. Pepper was in my head thats all I could taste and I could barely finish it. I would not get this one again.

3.1/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

12 oz bottle 2004

Smells foral, sweet and medicinal with hints of figs and raisins. Heavy dose of cloves and wheat. Lots of alcohol definatly a sipping beer. Taste bites the tongue and warms the inside, a great winter warmer. Definatly a good beer but its drinkability isn't there for me just a little to strong.