Nepal Ice Super Strong | Nepal Brewery Company

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by tone77:
2.66/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 16.9 oz. can. Has a pale golden color with a 12 inch head. Smell is a bit of grains, some malts. Taste is not so good. Some malts, alcohol is present, I'm anticipating quite a hangover from this one. Luckily my hotel is in the quiet section of Thamel. Wait a minute, there is no quiet section of Thamel. Feels light in the mouth and overall I cannot recommend this beer.

2.1/5  rDev -20.8%

I CANsider myself very lucky to have an in-person trader like tone77 who brings me wild rarities in support of The CANQuest (TM)! Nepal?!? Yes, please!

From the CAN: "Super Strong Beer"; "Nepal's Pride"; "The excellent taste of Nepal Ice comes from the perfect blend of the finest malts and grains, best hops and pure yeast."

A good Crack! led to an aggro, but not inverted, pour. These 500-ml. CANs are tough to CANtrol sometimes and I did not want to take any unnecessary ChANces. I still got two fingers of dense, bone-white head with really good retention from my pour. Color was a slightly hazy lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. Nose had the same grape-y vinousness as its "Natural" CANterpart, leading me to think that it is their yeast strain. Great lacing began to form as the head started to fall. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, thanks in large part to the carbonation. The taste was not too bad in the mouth, almost on par for the style, kind of sweet, sort of hot in terms of alcohol, but reasonable. The finish, however, was gag-a-licious! Ugh. The vinousness was overwhelming and I was having a tough time drinking all of it. I got like a burnt tobacco flavor at the extreme finish, which did not help matters, Oof. It must be a Nepalese thing, 'cause it sure ain't my bag!

3.2/5  rDev +20.8%

Probably the best beer in Nepal. Well just kidding but it's not bad compared to a lot of the beers you find in the surrounding countries. And this beer actually has some punch to it.

Nepal Ice Super Strong from Nepal Brewery Company