Nepal Ice Natura | Nepal Brewery Company

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by tone77 on 04-11-2014

Reviews by tone77:
2.96/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Unlike the other 2 varieties of Nepal Ice, this can states that this is an all barley beer. Poured from a 16.9 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is mild, a bit of malts. Taste is crisp, malts, a touch of green apples and a somewhat unusual aftertaste. Feels light in the mouth and overall, drinkable in a pinch, but nothing special.

2.2/5  rDev 0%

Tone77 may refer to me as the creator of The CANQuest (TM), but it is his local, in-person trades that keep this thing humming along. I never know what he is going to lay on me next!

From the CAN: "Nepal's First All Barley Beer"; "Truly Natural"; "Premium Lager Beer"; "Truly natural! Yes, Nepal Ice Natura is brewed from natural barley with natural German hops. It is first of its kind in Nepal and is dedicated to lovers of natural products."

The Crack! was fantastic and despite a lighter-than-usual pour, I still ended up with two fingers of foamy, bone-white head with limited retention. Color was a pale yellow (SRM = 1, maybe 2) with NE-quality, evincing loads of CO2 bubbles. Nose had a grainy, malty sweetness underlain by a grassy Noble hoppiness. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, thanks in large part to all of the carbonation and the taste was slightly odd. It had a grape-y vinousness to it that was not really to my liking. Finish was semi-dry, slightly astringent and that vinousness CANtinued to linger. It kind of reminded me of gargling with hydrogen peroxide when I was a kid and some f**ker at summer camp gave me trenchmouth.

Nepal Ice Natura from Nepal Brewery Company