Wet Hop IPA | Adirondack Pub & Brewery

Adirondack Pub & Brewery
New York, United States
adkbrewery.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Kendo on 11-21-2012

3/5  rDev 0%

3.65/5  rDev 0%

Got a growler at Olivers in Albany on 11/21/12, where they listed the ABV as "???"

A: Poured from the growler into a pint glass. Body is light golden with a small white head. Some lacing as I work my way down the glass.

S: Juicy hops - citrusy (tangerine & orange) - over sweet malt (honeyish).

T: Sweet malt - bread doughy or even sugar cookie doughy - underneath the hops. Hops are kind of all over the place, with grassiness and pine duking it out with lemony citrus. Finishes with a touch of spiciness and I get a lingering dry bitterness along with a slightly musty, cardboardish taste. Drinks (and kind of looks) more like an American Pale Ale than an American IPA, but since I'm the first to post a review, I'm going with the style description they had at Olivers. . . . Warmth in belly suggests a slightly high ABV, though I'm drinking this on a pretty empty stomach, which may be affecting that.

M: Smooth, slightly slick. Carbonation is fairly modest. Call it lighter side of medium in heft.

O: Decent, but not great.

Wet Hop IPA from Adirondack Pub & Brewery