Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA | Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPAGreat Lakes Commodore Perry IPA

Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Ohio, United States
greatlakesbrewing.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-30-2003

3.9

Ratings: 2,852 |  Reviews: 886
4.5/5  rDev +15.4%

Among my favorite IPAs. Yes, I am quite biased in favor of Great Lakes Brewing Company because one of my best friends worked there for nine years and I've spent many a fine afternoon/evening at the place. But my preference for GLBC beer is primarily because the beers are almost always outstanding. Cheers!

3.98/5  rDev +2.1%

I like IPA's. They seem to be my style of choice since I've grown to accustomed to bold hoppy flavors. That being said I'm not that big on English IPA's.
This is a good version of the English IPA though I believe the ABV's are a bit high.
In this version the aroma is malty and sweet with a sutle floral hop presence.
The apperance is a lighter amber and is quite clear. The head produced on the pour was small and faded quickly.
Taste is malty for the most part, caramel malts and toffee. Hops are light and for the most part really just bitter the beer.
Drinks medium on the palate but I've noticed that after the dry bitterness, some astringency.
Overall it's a good representation of the style. I think it would be quite nearly dead on if it was casked.

3.39/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Really malt heavy,,, bitter hops used.. Pours a clean crisp gold hues very clear... it is crisp dry fiunish with rich bitter hops taste....theere is little to no head.. it is somewhat rich and thick but not overwhelmingly... overall a great IPA but not my style im more into the fruity IPA.. great bitter hoppy taste... with dry finish..rich malty overtones... great englsh IPA...

4.75/5  rDev +21.8%

4.42/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.75/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +9%

Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA from Great Lakes Brewing Co.