Great Lakes Christmas Ale | Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Great Lakes Christmas AleGreat Lakes Christmas Ale

3.75/5  rDev -4.1%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

Photo of
4.25/5  rDev +8.7%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.2/5  rDev -18.2%

A: Deep orange and amber color without much head at all. A thin ring remains around the outside of the glass and lace nicely. Bubbles race to the top.

S: Spicy, big malty aroma featuring caramel, esters, and gingerbread. Very sweet overall, it seems that the spices are only taking a backseat so far.

T: The taste starts out alright, but then sort of drops off. Spices up front, the caramel malts come out right after. After the malts there's really nothing left. Sort of amazing how the flavor just disappears, but I can't say I like it all that much.

MF: Light body with a lower amount of carbonation than I thought. Crisp finish without any aftertaste.

O: This was probably lost on me. Really unimpressed from a beer I'd heard good things about. Might have been a bit too old.

In this review I am instructed to be constructive and I am. The appearance is red... I have never seen a beer that literally looks so red. The smell is like Christmas cookies! Perfect for the Holliday season! As far as the taste, it is the best beer I have ever had. It tastes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and Christmas cookies. The mouthfeel is extremely pleasant with the perfect balance of malts and pure utter greatness!!! I recommend this beer to anyone who likes great beer! Great Lakes brewery continues to prove that they are one of the best breweries in the world. I have never had a bad beer from this amazing world class brewery!

Great Lakes Christmas Ale from Great Lakes Brewing Co.