Great Lakes Owens Olympic Pilsener | Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Liked This Beer

4.18/5
Alströms:

Reviews by irishmoss:
4.33/5  rDev 0%

This was served at the brewpub on a beautiful Friday afternoon.
This pours a nice, deep, rich golden color with a fluffy one-finger head that dissipates down to clouds and swirls. Nice clingy patches of lace clung to the sides of the glass as I enjoyed this at a table on the sidewalk.
The aroma is spicy hops with a hint of malt.
The taste is crisp and clean from the wonderful hop presence. I'm going to have to guess saaz and tettnanger as the 'noble' hops used in this brew, but I'm only guessing here. I should have asked. There's also a nice malt presence that lends to the over all well balance of this pilsener. (It’s this malt presence that made me think of this as a Chech Pisener.)
I think this has a nice medium body with great carbonation that was impressive.
A superb summertime that is enjoyed even more outside in the warm summer air, very drinkable.

4.03/5  rDev 0%

Poured golden with a nice white head.

The smell was faint hops, almost no smell at all.

The flavor was very hoppy, yet smooth. It tasted like a pale ale without the harshness often found in them. A very smooth, crisp and balanced pilsener.

Mouthfeel was smooth and crisp.

Very drinkable. A new favorite, except I won't be in Cleveland again for a while.

Great Lakes Owens Olympic Pilsener from Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Beer rating: - out of 100 with 2 ratings