Steam Whistle Pilsner | Steam Whistle Brewing

Steam Whistle Brewing
Ontario, Canada
steamwhistle.ca

Style: Czech Pilsener

We believe that world-class results require focus and dedication, so we developed a distinctive recipe for our single brand based on Europe's renowned brewing standards yet is brewed fresh locally at our independent, Canadian Brewery.

We use traditional brewing techniques and only four natural ingredients including spring water, malted barley, hops and yeast - all GMO-free. There is a fifth ingredient in every refreshing bottle, and that is the passion of our dedicated Brewmaster and staff.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-28-2002

4.77/5  rDev +39.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

An absolutely fantastic Canadian beer! This is my absolutely favorite beer and I would recommend it to anyone looking to try. The color is pale, the carbonation is refreshing, the smell is intriguing and the taste is phenomenal. I've got all of my buddies drinking it now and anyone who tries it seems to say the same thing: it's an all around awesome beer.

4.75/5  rDev +38.9%

4.65/5  rDev +36%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.53/5  rDev +32.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +31.6%

Absolutely my go-to beer for any occasion. I love the retro-ness of the entire company and the beer is great. Clean and crisp, Steam Whitsle pours the colour beer should be. The taste is pleasant, not too hoppy not too malty. I find it tastes slighty better out of a bottle than out of a can but maybe thats just my imagination. I always have a twelve of this in my fridge among a mixture of other Ontario Craft Beers.

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +31.6%

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.47/5  rDev +30.7%

My parents picked up a nifty 12 pack of this, in the form of a suitcase, while they were up at Fenway north. Sweet green retro bottle. Bonus points for superb packaging in both the suitcase (I kept it and use it to bring homebrew places) and bottle.

Clear gold with a thin head. Thin skim of retention floats in the shape of a question mark. A beer for self inquisition?

Honey, floral aroma with some Wonderbread in back. Smells like springtime in the morning.

Crisp and refreshing with mild earthy/herbal hop in back to balance the springtime fresh sweet malt.

Perhaps it's the fact that this beer triggers sensory images of springtime hikes and lakeside trail runs but I love this beer. The packaging doesn't hurt either. I'm a sucker for a pretty bottle.

4.39/5  rDev +28.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.29/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

By far the best Canadian brewed Pilsner I've tried.

4.28/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Very light, not bitter at all. Great drinking beer.

4.25/5  rDev +24.3%

I really love this brew both in bottle and on tap--so long as it's fresh. I do not get the adjunct after taste commented on below--just barley malt. A very pleasant German style pils--go figure--from a Czech brewmaster!
Very drinkable. Nice noble hop use--well balanced and crisp.

4.25/5  rDev +24.3%

Had at Bierbistro in Toronto. Wasn't expecting this from a Ontario beer (most everything on-tap was malty) but passes as a very good current Pilsener. Light on the hops (I prefer a 40-50 IBU in Pilsners) with very good taste structure. Finishes well. Recommended for Pils fans.

4.25/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very refreshing beer and easily one of my favourites on a hot sunny day. A great pilsner

Steam Whistle Pilsner from Steam Whistle Brewing