Brew Free Or Die IPA | 21st Amendment Brewery

Brew Free Or Die IPABrew Free Or Die IPA

21st Amendment Brewery
21st-amendment.com

Style: American IPA

BREW FREE! OR DIE IPA is brewed with some serious west coast attitude. This aromatic golden IPA starts with three different hops to the nose, quickly balanced by a solid malt backbone supporting the firm bitterness. Our top selling beer at the pub, this IPA starts big and finishes clean leaving you wanting more.

Added by oggg on 11-17-2004

Ratings: 3,260 |  Reviews: 927

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

4.04/5  rDev +4.7%

Ale pours a deep gold with two finger white head. Very nice lace down glass. Muted aroma of citrus (could be my lack of smell). Ale was very balanced with strong malts and ample hop bitterness. Very pleasant and smooth, good old fashioned West Coast IPA! I purchased while visiting CA and at $7.99/six and canned less than a month from purchased, this is an outstanding value!

3.5/5  rDev -9.3%

3.5/5  rDev -9.3%

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Fortunate enough to get a sixer from a friend in DC. Served from a can into a Citizen Cider snifter.

A: Vibrant orange, a very attractive IPA.

S: Some hops, but not as strong a hop aroma as I would have expected.

T: Floral hops overpower the underlying citrus hops that come through only very briefly. A spicy malt backbone is ever present--a bit too strong for my liking yet not entirely off-putting.

M: Pleasant and inviting.

O: I was excited to try this beer from a well-regarded brewery that does not, of yet, distribute to my current home-state of Vermont. And, while I must say that I was in no way blown away, this is a solid single IPA I'd buy fairly often if I could, even if I enjoy the can art more than the beer itself. Try it if you can get your hands on it, I'll be sticking with some local IPAs.

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%