Bavarian Hefeweizen | 21st Amendment Brewery

Awaiting More Ratings

21st Amendment Brewery
21st-amendment.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by JDV on 01-31-2008

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.5/5  rDev +43.3%

2.58/5  rDev -17.8%

Slightly hazy pour with a small whitish head. Standard strong clove hefeweizen smell and taste. Ok, but not great. One of the rare times I squeezed the lemon in it to cut the annoying spiced taste. Just like every other hefeweizen you've ever had. boring and doesn't separate itself from the pack.

3.03/5  rDev -3.5%

I think this is beer also known as the Fat Bavarian Ale. I purchased a growler of it and consumed it myself (sigh).

A: Hazy straw/yellow color with active carbonation and frothy head. The head recedes into a moderate ring and leaves lacing down the glass.

S: Bananas, straw, and cloves. A simple, but crisp and refreshing smell.

T: Exactly follows the nose. A strong blend of banana yeasty sweetness and straw, with hints of spices toward the end of the taste, just before a crisp finish. An absolutely straightforward, refreshing taste. No alcohol detected.

M: On the thin side of medium-bodied, with active carbonation that works well for the style.

D: Evidently very high, as I managed to finish 4 pints by myself without feeling the least bit sick (although I did feel guilty).

Bavarian Hefeweizen from 21st Amendment Brewery