Hell Or High Watermelon Wheat Beer | 21st Amendment Brewery

3.5

Ratings: 2,805 |  Reviews: 759
4.45/5  rDev +32.8%

4.62/5  rDev +37.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

3.55/5  rDev +6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours yellow. Bubbly, short, Whitehead that Fades fast.

Smells watermelon, light wheat, light tartness and a light funkiness.

Taste candied watermelon, wheat Funk, Light Citrus and light malt. Finish id semi dry with a watermelon and wheat linger. Lightbody and fizzy medium carbonation.

3.41/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.75/5  rDev +41.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Straw colored. Little to no head. Nose is a bit citrusy, perhaps also with a cooked-fish aroma, strangely. In taste, I can discern the watermelon, but it's reminiscent of watermelon rind rather than the fleshy good part. There's a sourness that undermines the watermelon. The finish is somewhat bitter, but not apparently due to hops. Frankly, this doesn't taste good to me. —Reviewed 2017/09/10

3.25/5  rDev -3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.48/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.03/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

I'll begin with the summary: I wanted to like this beer, but in the end it just tastes like a macrolager with a couple of drips of artificial watermelon flavour added. Also has a touch of watermelon on the nose & there's just a hint in the flavour that it's a wheat beer as opposed to a lager but it's definitely a one off for me. Glad I just bought the one.

3.16/5  rDev -5.7%

3.35/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.58/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.28/5  rDev +27.8%

For a beer with such a low score, I can't keep it on the shelf in my liquor store.

3.94/5  rDev +17.6%

4.35/5  rDev +29.9%

I'm not a fan of fruit beers but this brew is the exception. I was given a can and did not expect to like it. I drank it reluctantly, at first, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Great balance. The watermelon flavor is not at all overwhelming and works well with the wheat. Wonderful brew for the summer!

3.6/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On draft at Hopwater Distribution in San Francisco, CA.

Yellow, largely clear appearance. Think of typical American lagers. Also, a lager smell. Some watermelon in the taste with a strange 'fizzy' feel. Don't really like it, and will not be seeking it out again.

3.58/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I really am a big fan of this beer, as far as fruity beers go its near the top of my list. The watermelon isn't over powering which is why Im such a big fan of it. I like how smooth it is and all my co-workers agree it is one of the better beers we have on tap and the stadium.

2.81/5  rDev -16.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.81/5  rDev +13.7%

4.15/5  rDev +23.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

12oz can into mason jar.

Look: Pale gold with a minimal head. The lack of head could be my fault, though. I may or may not have fumbled the pour a bit.

Smell: Wheat funk, slight tartness, and not much else. Again, probably my fault for the bad pour and no head.

Taste: Watermelon Jolly Rancher, but without the cloying sweetness. It's a little bit sweet, but not overpoweringly so. Slight wheat funk in the middle, clean finish. No bitterness.

Feel: Light on the palate and minimally carbonated.

Overall: As fruit beers go, I've had much worse. This one is pretty good, but I think it could be better as a sour beer. A little tartness would balance the Jolly Rancher-like watermelon flavor nicely.

3.67/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

12oz can into a tall glass. NO freshness dating that I could find, just a weird code on the bottom of the can.

light to medium yellow body, big white head which dissipates rather quickly. Not much lacing. Well carbonated.

Nose is more wheaty than watermelon.

The taste is clean and crisp and the watermelon comes through strong. On a hot day, quite refreshing.

Mouth is a little above thin, finish is watery watermelon.

I've resisted trying this one for some time as I'm not much of a fan of watermelon. But it was better than expected. Not something I would actively seek out, and I imagine on anything but a hot day it would be a chore. But not a bad beverage.

4.03/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

2.49/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

3.54/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.7/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Hell Or High Watermelon Wheat Beer from 21st Amendment Brewery