Hell Or High Watermelon Wheat Beer | 21st Amendment Brewery

4.25/5  rDev +26.9%

3.75/5  rDev +11.9%

3.5/5  rDev +4.5%

3.25/5  rDev -3%

This is the second year I have tried this seasonal release. I did find that for 2015, I got a better batch than in 2014. I don't know if they changed the recipe for 2015, but I found it better this year in 2015. Overall, this style is nice for those extremely hot days of summer. I wasn't blown away by either year though. This is a good beer, just not a great beer in my opinion. I think the hype of this beer overshadows the actual product. It seems that the more unique a beer is brewed the stronger the hype is that comes along with it. Sure it is great to break new ground in the brewing industry, but I often think people get too caught up in the hype of things.

This beer poured a nice hazy straw color with little to no head to it. The smell was of melon and sweet malts. You could actually make out the watermelon odor off the beer this year, which I didn't get last year. The taste for me this year was very clean and refreshing. The watermelon flavor seems to bring a slight hint of sweetness to the light bodied wheat finish. This is an awesome combo for a summer beer. Easy to drink and not too heavy on the stomach. The ABV is 4.9% so you can definitely throw a few of these back. The taste was clean and didn't leave any lingering aftertaste really. I did enjoy this beer much better than last year. Now I am wondering if I had a bad batch or a skunked beer from 2014??? Anyway I am still saying better than average. A good summer beer to try and experience. Pair it with your day at the beach or at your backyard BBQ or tailgate party.

4.5/5  rDev +34.3%