Hell Or High Watermelon Wheat Beer | 21st Amendment Brewery

good
Read the review
Hell Or High Watermelon Wheat BeerHell Or High Watermelon Wheat Beer

Ratings: 2,777 |  Reviews: 752

3.5/5  rDev +6.1%

4.5/5  rDev +36.4%

3.6/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.52/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.58/5  rDev +8.5%

Thanks to mymrnngjckt for throwing a can of this my way. Poured into my Chimay chalice a cloudy yellow color with about a finger of white head that quickly fades into a thin layer. Smells of crisp wheat and watermelon candy. Upon my first sip, yeah there's watermelon in here. Having a hard time figuring out whether watermelon extract or watermelon puree/pulp is used is this brew. Not sure you'd get this type of Jolly Rancher flavor from real watermelon pulp. Regardless, this tastes just as the label states which to me, is a good thing since I am a fan of watermelon. Mouthfeel is slightly lacking with bothe body and carbonation coming in a notch below medium. If this was more accessible, I'd have it on hand all the time from spring till fall.

2.03/5  rDev -38.5%

Chilled can into a glass.

I was hot as hell when I had this, so I thought it would be a perfect beer for the circumstances.

A: Pours a clear straw color with a slight orange shade to it. The vigorous pour yields a decent head, but retention is a few seconds at best, receding into a collar and leaving no lacing down the glass.

S: Mostly an earthy yeast and wheat smell with the unmistakable tinge of Taco Bell bean burritos. I'm not making this up. A little lemony citrus to it. No watermelon.

T: Mostly a yeast and wheat combination, with a slightly tart watermelon finish. There's still that Taco Bell bean burrito flavor in here. WTF!?! My palate is totally clean too.

M: Light-bodied. Carbonation is moderate. Flavor is a bit watery.

D: I do enjoy Taco Bell (shoot me), but I didn't enjoy this beer. It's not something I'd have again unless someone made me drink it.

3.48/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev +13.6%

3.34/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

12oz can enjoy by 6/30/15 poured into a pint glass
A: Pale yellow, hazy with a one-finger head that quickly settles
S: Muted. Wheat, a touch of watermelon and a hint of lemon
T: More prevalent watermelon, though to me this tastes more like the rind than the juicy parts. Wheat, herbs and lemon are in the background
M: Light-bodied, a touch bitter given the rind prevalence
O: Usually my favorite bite of watermelon is eating the last bits of flesh off the rind. That being said, the rind being the more distinct taste in a beer doesn't work. I'd prefer this with a bit more sweet watermelon & wheat notes than what it has. Somewhat refreshing but there are numerous other wheat beers I'd drink for refreshment before revisiting this

3.27/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.21/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.73/5  rDev -17.3%

I saw the can and had to give it a go. I was interested to see what a watermelon beer would taste like, though skeptical.
A- It's straw yellow. Hazy. It has a big foamy head, white, and a good deal of head and lace. Some streams of bubbles.
S- Sweet wheat scent with a hint of watermelon.
T- The taste is reversed from the smell. The watermelon is bold and the wheat is mild. It's like a jolly rancher was put into a wheat beer. Refreshing, but this taste is too candy-ish. I was only good with having two then had to move on.

3.5/5  rDev +6.1%

3.56/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.25/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.25/5  rDev -1.5%

3.25/5  rDev -1.5%

3.45/5  rDev +4.5%

Poured from a can into a perfect pint. Feels weird to actually pour this out instead of just slamming it down, but here we are.

A- pours a very dull shade of gold with a one finger white head that quickly fades. No lacing. Very boring looking beer...

S- very mild...lemongrass maybe? Not at all what I expected. A lot of the wheat is coming through, none of the watermelon

T- getting a lot of wheat mostly, and the watermelon comes in for the finish...its refreshing. Not super flavorful...but refreshing

M- thin and watery. But it actually works a little bit based on the wheat style

D- its nice and drinkable because of how mild it is. I'll never confuse this with an IPA or stout, but its good easy drinking for a warm day

2.94/5  rDev -10.9%