Saison De Dottignies | Brouwerij De Ranke

3.9

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last
Reviews: 105 | Ratings: 252
3.15/5  rDev -19.2%

On tap in Antwerp. Pours deep golden colored with a creamy white one finger head. Aroma of pears, buttery notes, some yeast and grass. Flavor is extremely buttery tasting alongside sweet honey and some yeast funk. On the sweet side. Medium bodied with low carbonation . Wasn’t a huge fan of this one.

Hazy yellow, decent sized frothy wide head to it. Aroma was mildly perfumish, what's the deal with these saisons?

Hay, mild aged hops, almost like a hefe yeast going on here. Metallic. Lemon and soap. Bitter.

Don't really get the hubub about this beer. Simplistic and pedestrian, but not bad.

The highlarious memory of this beer will always be myself waiting forever for the old lady volunteer at SDIBF to get around to pouring beer, so I helped myself, she shrieks "nooo! you can't pour beer yourself," with a look on her face like I just raped her granddaughter. Laughingly, I coyly smile "or what?" "Or you'll be thrown out," she says as she pours me my beer. "Thanks I said, I knew you'd get around to pouring my beer right away if I took the initiative."

Seriously. Next time you're waiting for service at a store, event etc. . . just start doing it yourself. You'll be helped out right quick.

Dark yellow, solid white head, 3/4". Aroma was all perfume store and spice rack. Meh.

Taste had dry hay, yeast flavors reminiscient of witbiers, bitter soapiness, lemon, barley.

The yeast on this one is way too domineering. Its not bad, but its not my cup of tea, average all the way around.

2.65/5  rDev -32.1%

On-tap at Beachwood BBQ, on to the beer:

It's a pale gold colored beer, topped off by a large head which drops and leaves a thin, creamy lace on top. The nose....it's fine. I would describe it as rustic and spicy, most resemblant of pepper. A little wave of pear sweetens the aroma.

Not so good news as I taste it. What's this plastic that I'm tasting? Quite spicy as well, like white pepper, with almost nothing to balance it out. Only towards the end did I pick up a little sweetness in the form of pear, but it ends up being too little too late.

That was not a fun voyage. Next...

2.65/5  rDev -32.1%

On tap at Moeder Lambic in Brussels. From notes.

A - Poured a golden colour with a one finger fluffy eggshell head. No visible carbonation. Bright. Great lacing with thick rings. OK retention with a film on top.

S - Nice spice, some hop, and a little funk. Good light sweet spice.

T - Really yeasty, lemony and harsh. Yeast is too powerful. Hoppy in a few elements. Kinda tasted like bodywash and soap.

M - Mild carbonation, light body and a bitter and unpleasant tasting yeast finish leading into dryness.

O/D - Not for me. Everything but the taste was good. Sadly I want something that tastes good. Maybe the keg was off? This specific style of saison may be an acquired taste. My friend liked this beer alot but I couldn't do it. Harsh yeast and not enough funk/hop mix makes for a saison I can't do.

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last