Poison Arrow IPA | Lakefront Brewery, Inc.

3.77/5

Lakefront Brewery, Inc.
Wisconsin, United States
lakefrontbrewery.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beerwolf77 on 12-07-2009

4.24/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.5/5  rDev -7.2%

3.53/5  rDev -6.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

My first beer from this brewery. I recently made a road trip to Wi and stopped in Milwaulkee. I had it at this hotel I stayed at. It poured a mix of gold and amber colors and remained cloudy. The beers head was thick but soon dissipated but the lacing was very prominent (much like a Guinness) unique for a regular IPA. The taste starts sweet and a piny or earth hop flavor slowly workes it's way in. You expect it to become bitter but never comes. This is a great intro to anyone who is afraid of other IPAs , the hop taste is there but pretty much no bitter. I usually like atleast some bitter but the outright flavor of the hops in this brew made up for it.

3.57/5  rDev -5.3%

12 oz tap-pour into an American Tumbler at The Wicked Hop. I was told I've had this before after a Lakefront tour but I don't remember that. :P Here goes my "second try".

A - The tap pour is a hazy golden amber with a non-existent head. I blame the crappy pour. The thin layer of foam is off-white and decently retained for it's small size.

S - Tons of grapefruit citrus and pine resin on the nose of this IPA. Mild sweet malts in the background don't to much to balance out the grapefruit citrus punch.

T - Holy grapefruit juice Batman! It's just grapefruit citrus all over the place like you had just squeezed the remaining juice out of the rind after eating half a grapefruit! The finish is full of resiny hops and any malts there are totally covered up.

M - Dry, bitter citrus bang finish to this medium-to-light-bodied IPA.

D - It's really like drinking grapefruit juice. No joke. Despite my infatuation with grapefruit, it's not really that easy to go down for me.

3.8/5  rDev +0.8%

This beer is made specifically for the Wicked hop.

Poured into my pint glass from the tap the beer is a fairly clear amber golden hue with a full inch of bone white head. The head settles leaving a nice amount of lace.

The aroma is a nice hop burst right out of the gate. Light pineapple and citrus fruits along with a malty back bone.

The flavor is not the strongest IPA I've ever tasted but it's got some bite. Mild hops some juicy citrus fruits. Plenty of malt for sure toi sort of hold the big hop wave back though.

Medium body moderate carbonation.

Overall a rather easy drinking session IPA that anyone can enjoy. I think this is a touch better then Lakefronts original IPA. Then again this could be the same beer with a different name.

Poison Arrow IPA from Lakefront Brewery, Inc.