Gold Star Pilsner | Lancaster Brewing Company

Lancaster Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
lancasterbrewing.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Description: This classic Bohemian-style Pilsner brings noble hop flavor and traditional maltiness into perfect union. A healthy dose of imported hops tips the scales towards a decidedly hoppy finish.

Also this beer is no longer produced in bottles. I'm not sure if there is anyway to change our rating because our bottles were contracted brewed and were not up to our standards hence the termination of bottling. Or I guess we just get more people to review the draft version which is many times better than our old bottles.

Added by stirgy on 03-24-2003

Liked:
3.51/5
Alströms:

2.75/5  rDev -21.7%

1.75/5  rDev -50.1%

2.5/5  rDev -28.8%

2.75/5  rDev -21.7%

This brew looked like most pilsners do, it had the typical yellow color white a head. it was light bodied and nicely carbonated. The flavor was a little odd though, to me it had a sour flavor similar to a Flemish red. In my opinion I don't believe that I'd ever seek this out again. I just wasn't a huge fan.

3.82/5  rDev +8.8%

Review from notes taken visiting the brewpub this past summer. Hung out in Hershey Park, ate some chocolate, dealt with having to buy cases only when looking for beer and hit up this brewpub (not the one pictured, the other location).

Medium bodied with a very light honey color. Pretty tasty pilsner. Again, kind of watery. Subtle and balanced hops and another easy drinker.

2.21/5  rDev -37%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Served on tap at Lancaster's Harrisburg location.

A- Pours a cloudy amber, which is shocked the hell out of me for a pilsner. Didn't really look very appetizing either

S- Nothing. Maybe a tad bit of hoppiness. Lancaster needs to get these damn regular beers to have some sort of aroma.

T- Bland. There is a slight kick of hoppiness near the end of the show.

M- Well, its light...and its thin. And it hardly has any flavor. So...the mouthfeel is weak as hell.

D- I apologize in advance to my friends at Lancaster, but this is not a good beer. Barely any flavor, no scent at all, and it looks ugly too. If you're going to the brewpub, avoid this at all costs...unless you're a domestic light drinker and are afraid of beer with flavor

Gold Star Pilsner from Lancaster Brewing Company