Corona Extra | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona ExtraCorona Extra
Liked This Beer
2.34 w/ 5,000 ratings
Corona ExtraCorona Extra

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Also known as Coronita Extra (small bottles) and Corona Familiar (larger bottles).

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-10-2001

Liked:
2.34/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 5,000 |  Reviews: 1,254

2.67/5  rDev +14.1%

Ok, I know that Corona Extra is not technically a good beer. It has a generic yellow color reminiscent of Bud Light, it doesn't have much in the way of aroma and what is there has a slightly skunky aspect to it. As far as taste goes, it's just ok, and for the price there are a LOT of better beers you could get. However, that being said, I will admit that I enjoy this beer when it is served very cold with fresh lime on a hot day, and it's light and crisp feel are probably it's best attribute. .

3.5/5  rDev +49.6%

3.25/5  rDev +38.9%

1.5/5  rDev -35.9%

2.76/5  rDev +17.9%

Split a 6 pack with my brother, Appearance is fine looking, the smell is decent but nothing to great, the taste is alright I suppose, nothing bad, nothing good, its fairly light, and much better with a lime, mouth feel is also average, overall its an okay beer, but its nothing special, and definitely shouldn't be priced to what it is, theres a few beers I would prefer this to, but many many more I would rather take, for instance Busch, Pabst, Icehouse, Samuel Adams, Rolling Rock, hell I would even rather have budweiser, and also notice how all those options are far cheaper than Corona, I do think they put something in the water in making this beer because while I wasnt impressed I craved another for a week or two. I have no Idea how this beer is more popular than Heineken.

1.25/5  rDev -46.6%

1.5/5  rDev -35.9%

2.5/5  rDev +6.8%

Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 4.5% out of 100 with 5,000 ratings