Corona Light
Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light
Score:
Ranked #47,905
1.89 | pDev: 39.68%
From:
Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Mexico
Notes:
Reviews: 421 | Ratings: 2,109
Reviews by MissYa:
4.24/5  rDev +124.3%

This beer is for either those who want to look cool with a bottle of beer & a lime that us is not much of a beer fan or those that like coronas but is counting their caloric intake such as my sister. Drinkable.

2.4/5  rDev +27%

The problem with this site is that we're all beer connoisseurs so this piss swill is beneath us.
I get that, and Corona Light would by no stretch of the imagination be my preferred choice. With that said I think it's more useful to judge beers as to how well they rate based on their style. As far as light beers go I find Corona Light much cleaner than say Coors Light. For a light beer I'd rate Corona Light 2nd to Amstel Light in drinkability while maintaining low carbs and calories with a respectable alcohol content for the style.

Thin and fizzy, goes down easy without the offensive aftertaste of many macro brews. If you're on a diet and looking for a good session beer, I think this is a solid choice.

3.75/5  rDev +98.4%

Let's face it, this isn't some high-end beer. This is what you drink on hot days at the pool or barbecuing in the backyard. This beer isn't made to win tastes awards, yet it still tastes pretty good. Has a good lager flavor without any frills. Very refreshing.

Look - very golden yellow
Smell - It's a Corona brand, so has the skunk smell, but not nearly as strong as Corona Extra
Taste - Stronger lager hops with really no sweetness.
Feel - thin but not disappointing. Can sometimes be a little sudsy in the bottle.

They aren't trying to be pretentious when making this. You get what you pay for. Drop a lime in it for a little extra flavor to sweeten it up. Tastes great with Mexican food (obviously), any sort of chicken or fish dishes, or if you want a couple of light beers while relaxing. For some reason it always tastes better in hot weather. Enjoy it for what it's worth. The Taco Bell of beers.

1.21/5  rDev -36%

Presentation: CLEAR 12 oz bottle with no freshness date.

Appearance: Clear pale straw with a ever so fading white lace.

Smell: Odd aroma of sweetness and grain ... creamed corn? Hint of sulfur and no apparent skunkiness ... we think we found a survivor.

Taste: Crisp, clean and light bodied with some grainy husky flavours that are mildly astringent yet get a little stronger. Hop bitterness is minimal and the husky astringency builds up more in the end. Finish is quite dry and a bit coarse.

Notes: Did this brew come from the second running or pressings of the mash? On second thought maybe one should put the lime in this brew to mask the astringent off flavors.

2.25/5  rDev +19%

This is a middle of the summer, hot as hell, chilled off beer to guzzle with a lime to add. Never poured this beer. Never will. Wah, wah. You drink it because it tastes good. In the middle of the summer. When the beer is ice cold. All right yellow in the bottle. Slam it, one, two, three. With the lime it is all right. Straw, a slight citrus taste. But that is not the point. Tell me wrong.

2.29/5  rDev +21.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

It is what it is. Refreshing on summer days in the sun though.

3.93/5  rDev +107.9%

Very Pleasantly Surprised

I had always considered light beer to be pretty close to mule piss. But drinking all this beer has gotten me a little bit of a gut. I've been trying to give up sugary sodas. I'll never be able to give up beer though, and I had seen a lot of latinos in my neighborhood walking home from the supermarket carrying cases of light beer. I figured I'd give it a try.

I like Corona Extra so I got some Corona Light, and I wasn't disappointed. It's got a decent taste, feel and look pretty close to the real thing. I'm not a beer snob so maybe there are some people out there who don't like this. But for me in the summertime I like to hang out on the deck mingling and chit chatting while drinking a cold one, and a light beer isn't filling. Plus the alcohol content is lower so you can drink more without getting impaired.

All in all, this is a great summertime beer.

Socal checking in. Everyone here drinks this. It's always everywhere and even on a hot sweltering day it is not refreshing. I have had many nights drinking coronas with my Mexican amigos and let me tell you this. It is the worst beer. Worse than a chilada and a chilada is fucking nasty.

1.28/5  rDev -32.3%

It was cold and wet and very thin , tasteless, watery. No apparent aroma. Water has more flavor. It scores more than water in that there was carbonation and a pale yellow color

1.92/5  rDev +1.6%

Another example of why I would rather have water. Just a watered down version of Corona, making a bad beer even worse. Although I will say that among Light beers it is one of the better offerings.

2.69/5  rDev +42.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Yeah it is swill but drinkable swill. Golfing? May be your only choice over bud and bud light. On a holiday? You may have no other choice but Heineken at a tropical venue. Goes down smooth and easy on a hot day. Sometimes you gotta drink what you got.

2.55/5  rDev +34.9%

Very clear in appearance not impressed at all. The sell is skunk with a little malt. The taste is bout the same. I would defintely not run out to buy this beer if it hadn't been free I would have wasted my money trying it. The mouthfeel is thin and wispy though it has a very nice drinkability because it does go down rather smooth. It is surley not something I would rave about!!

1.75/5  rDev -7.4%

1.09/5  rDev -42.3%

A - Pours the clearest golden I have ever seen with no head and no lacing.

S - It's pretty much all skunk.

T - Dry and skunky. The flavor quickly recedes and leaves nothing.

M - Extremely thin bodied, with medium carbonation.

O - Overall, terrible. I'm pretty sure the only beer I have ever had that is worse than this would have to be Steel Reserve.

1.65/5  rDev -12.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

2.66/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

5/23/2012

A: Pale yellow with an infinite number of bubbles feeding a frothy white head. There's a little lacing.

S: Corn and grain with a whisper of apple. A little mineral with some grass.

T: Grainy and watery with some corn. An absence of bitterness. Very bland with a metallic note and a little green apple.

M: Light body with high carbonation.

Overall: Very bland but not particularly offensive. One of the better light adjunct lagers I've had. Too insipid to hate.

1.25/5  rDev -33.9%

2.64/5  rDev +39.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.25/5  rDev +19%

Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 48 out of 100 with 2109 ratings