Corona Light | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light
1.96/5
Awful
Corona LightCorona Light

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico

2.5/5  rDev +27.6%

3.25/5  rDev +65.8%

Photo of
4.75/5  rDev +142.3%

You had this beer. Write a review.

2.25/5  rDev +14.8%

2.25/5  rDev +14.8%

1.68/5  rDev -14.3%

[Poured into a generic straight beer glass]

I: It should be expected how this review would go, but it’s important to note the place where a well-known generic domestic beer stands. Although I know this won’t be the most enjoyable experience, it’s good to remind myself how far I’ve come. When I was young and being introduced to beer, corona along with others similar brews to it were common. Corona was a beer that you wouldn’t drink for taste, but binged by playing drinking games like beer pong. That said, there are very few if any high rated lagers.

B: [4.10% ABV 12 FL. OZ. August 2012] Little information is provided on this bottle. What is provided is light nutritional and volume information. It’s always concerning when the ABV (had to check online) is missing from a bottle. As for the logo, I would say that it’s decent in terms of presentation, but I do appreciate the texture. Oh and would you believe that it’s not a twist off?

A: A very transparent yellow body with no head (even with an aggressive pour) whatsoever, and no lacing.

S: Skunky upfront, grassy, straw, offhand funk, and corn. If you search real hard, you’ll pick up very slight sense of citrus and malt.

T: Taste pretty much follows the smell. Bitter, skunky, straw, sweet corn, and a metallic aftertaste.

M: crisp, light bodied, high carbonation, and no alcohol presence.

O: There’s a big problem when a lime is almost necessary to make a beer drinkable. I couldn’t find myself to finish it. There’s not much to say here, I’m just thankful we have great counterparts out there. I wouldn’t recommend or buy.

2.5/5  rDev +27.6%

3.75/5  rDev +91.3%

Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 1.96 out of 5 with 2,021 ratings