Corona Light | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Corona LightCorona Light
1.96/5
Awful
Corona LightCorona Light

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

firstprev| 1951-1975 | 1976-2000 | 2001-2025  | next → last
Ratings: 2,015 |  Reviews: 403

What's worse than a corona? Corona light. When I first saw this around a few years ago I couldn't believe it. How does one water down a corona more? A better question would be: why? If you don't load up this beer with limes, you won't be able to drink it. I certainly was not.

1.45/5  rDev -26%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

A clear, light yellow light lager with a small, bubbly, quickly dissipating head. The smell has a slight sweetness to it. The smell somehow reminds me of something from my childhood, I can't quite place it though. The taste is slightly sweet with a sour/bitter finish. Overall, I've had worse...not much though.

I am repeatedly surprised at the price of this beer (in my opinion overpriced) and that people pay it. Somehow the marketing of this beer and its non-light version has been quite successful at portraying an image. As for the lime, its purpose (other than keeping flies out of your beer), in my opinion is to either add a decent flavor or cover-up a bad one, I haven't quite decided which one...maybe its both. Incidently, I had my Corona Light sans lime.

(source: A friend of a friend left at our house.)

1.85/5  rDev -5.6%

Appearance: Pours a clear, bright, straw/golden color with very little patches of white lace. On the nose the aroma of light sweetness and grain. On the palate the flavors consisted of light grainy husky flavors, light mild bitterness and on a good note it was crisp and quenches your thirst. Light bodied and mouthfeel is dry and slightly tingly. Really just not interesting at all, and usually skunked. This was sadly a left-over in my fridge that someone had brought over.

1.5/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Truly awful. The Corona Extra was bad enough, but to water it down even further?? Yuck! My wife likes these better than Corona Extra so I actually have to buy them. Skunky smell, no taste, feels like soda water in my mouth. Just plain not drinkable for me.

I ordered Corona Extra beer in a Mexican restaurant. When i tasted it i told the waiter that a mistake has been made and that i din't ask for tequilla but Corona Beer.

A month ago i saw Corona light and knowing that the "light" beers are always worst than the "original" beers i hesitated to taste it. Finally when i tasted it i was quite satisfied due to the fact that now i'll know what beer to vote for the "worst beer in the world" title.

1.1/5  rDev -43.9%

I now have the rather unpleasant distinction of having tried every beer in the "Corona" family, and my life is not really the better for it. This is easily the worst of the bunch, and you could not squeeze enough limes in the bottle to get me to try it again. There are absolutely no redeeming qualities in this beer (and I use the term lightly). The only positive thing I could possibly say about Corona Light is that it is not Bud Light.

2.03/5  rDev +3.6%

Corona Light pours a nice clean amber from a 12oz clear glass bottle with a yellow and white painted label with dark blue letters. Head went to one finger but did not stay around long at all, in any form.

Nose has a bit of damp sulfur, but nothing else. Palate is a dry astringent with the carbonation bite and a bit of sulfur.

If not for the sulfur, this beer would have little else in the way of taste to offer anyone.

2.05/5  rDev +4.6%

As everyone else has mentioned, watered down is the flavor. Very light golden color, hinting at no flavor. The carbonation is of the forced air variety, not true carbonation. The lime is a necessity. The corona extra has much more flavor.

1.49/5  rDev -24%

What is the point of this beer? Corona Light is a watered down version of a watered down beer. Even a "diluted" brew like this one still has that god-awful smell of stank water and garbage so commonly found with Corona. You need a lime to even consider drinking it... light or extra.

Just avoid Corona at all costs, move on to any number of better beers.

1.62/5  rDev -17.3%

This beer is just water that looks like beer. Very faint flavors of corn graininess. Moderate carbonation. I guess it's better than drinking the water in mexico. Does go down smoothly though. If it was 100 degrees and I was stupid enough to drink an alcoholic beverage, I would consider this. Only slightly drinkable because of its similarity to water.

1.5/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

As close to non-beer or water as possible. You'd be better off drinking a hay-water mix to get your hay fever rockin. This beer did absolutely nothing for me. Since I like water, but love beer, I generously rate this concoction a 1.5...

What kind of anorexic, psychopath thought up this beer? Why would a beer that is so lacking in body, taste, and quality put out a LIGHT beer: the original beer is a light beer. This “beer” is an insult to water, and a waste of corn. Terrible, twice terrible. Hell, you have to add a lime to it just to make it awful; “as with all in this line of” panther piss. If you catch me with one of these again, please take me out of my misery: maybe a fan of this beer can make me a lethal cocktail of Henie and Lowenbrau.

2.2/5  rDev +12.2%

Corna Light is almost the same as Corona Extra. It's easy to drink but forgettable, only worse because it's more watered down.

1.96/5  rDev 0%

The exceptional smell is, of course, polecat. Go ahead, pop an ice cold Corona Light. Take a whiff. Now go look in the road for Pepe LePew's still-twitching remains. Sorry - better look in the bottle. Thar's a skonk in the corn patch yonder, paw... Starts out grainy and sweet, with no hops apparent. Very little flavor outside of sweet grain that dries out slightly in the finish. I think people put a lime in to differentiate it from cooled-off water that was used to boil corn.

My ex-boss' yuppie wife brings this to parties, stuffs a lime wedge in its neck, and sings its praises 'til the end of the earth. That's fine - saves me the cost of hiring a clown to entertain the kids. At least she has the courtesy to finish the damned things up before she leaves.

1.28/5  rDev -34.7%

I am thoroughly convinced that this is one of the worst tasting beers that you can buy. Smells skunked (what a surprise!). Tastes skunked and isn't really even palatable. Any beer that needs a lime to mask the flavor is seriously struggling. I would rather drink just about anything than drink this.

firstprev| 1951-1975 | 1976-2000 | 2001-2025  | next → last
Corona Light from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 1.96 out of 5 with 2,015 ratings