1. Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14 & 15!

Cerveza Pacifico Clara | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Cerveza Pacifico ClaraCerveza Pacifico Clara
2.72/5
Poor
Cerveza Pacifico ClaraCerveza Pacifico Clara

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Cerveza Pacífico Clara, better known as Pacífico, is a Mexican pilsner-style beer. It was first brewed in 1900 when three Germans opened a brewery, the Cerveceria del Pacífico in Mazatlán. Cerveza Pacifico is named so because the Pacifico brewery is located in the Pacific Ocean port city of Mazatlán, in the state of Sinaloa, México. Its label includes a picture depicting a lifesaver encompassing a hill with the port's lighthouse, known locally as "Cerro del Crestón." In Mazatlán, the beer is available in three different size bottles: "cuartitos" (6 fl. oz), "medias" (12 fl. oz.), and "ballenas" (32 fl. oz.). "Clara" means clear, as opposed to "obscura" (dark).

View: Beers
Ratings: 2,090 |  Reviews: 569
Reviews by baos:
1.68/5  rDev -38.2%

12 ounce bottle into Falstaff goblet.

A: Pale straw with a big white head that dissapates down to near nothing but a collar.

S: Smells a lot like Corona. Metal grains and slight malt.

T: I know that people find it blasphemous to add lime but for God sakes this fucker needs it. Some salt too. Hugely metallic.

M: Not much there pretty watery.

D: I had on of these at Headliners at the Meat Puppets concert and I took it back and told them it was bad when really I just think its fucking bunk to begin with.

4.24/5  rDev +55.9%

Screw it, I admit: I love Pacifico. Could it be gross sentimentality? Maybe. Could it be wanton self-styled rebelliousness, my beer of choice when thumbing my nose at the beer snobs? Perhaps. Or, maybe, just maybe, this is a really satisfying drink. Goes down like water, without being watery, perfectly carb'd, this is the absolute epitome of a beer that demands another sip, the bottle gone in what feels like seconds. It's got a faint hint of corn in the nose, or maybe it's psychosomatic, too many evenings of chips and salsa at the local taco joint having embedded in my brain that harmonious combo of warm corn torilla chips and cold Pacifico (same goes for what I swear is a hint of lime in there too). It's malty, it's entirely inoffensive, it's not skunked, save for perhaps a whiff of it in the nose, but which, sentimental or not, I kind of like. It's weird to rate a beer like this so high, but the stark reality is that I'd rather drink it than most of the beers I'd rate below it. That alone justifies the score in my book. Salud!

4.29/5  rDev +57.7%

Look: Yellow crystal color, two fingers of foam that disappears very soon;

S: Soft, a mix of fresh malt with corn, remember me the sea i don't know why;

T: Corn mixed with sweet malt, some slightly spicy hops at the end;

M: Extra crisp and refreshing, medium bitterness, medium body and high carbonation;

D: The best beer to drink with sea food.

This is the best of the Mexican beers. Light and refreshing with a wonderful taste. We are not talking sitting in a cold place analyzing the properties and elements of the brew. We are talking sitting on the beach in the warm tropics quenching your thirst with a beer that goes down nice and easy. Don't get me wrong I love my ales but sitting on the beach in Wainha, kicking it in the warm breeze listening to the ocean nothing, I say nothing taste better than a six pack of Pacifico.

4.61/5  rDev +69.5%

You guys are ridiculous, this is absolutely the best mexican beer in existence. The smell reminds of the mexican breeze. This beer has the true flavor of a mexican beer. If you dont like mexican beers then dont drink it and dont complain. Maybe the reason none of ustedes like it is because none of you guys have any taste buds. Viva Mexico, Viva Pacifico.

4.5/5  rDev +65.4%

The best Mexican beer period

3.35/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

This beer is light and enjoyable with little aftertaste. It does not taste like Budweiser as some have suggested. It has a much better taste than American light beers and would go great at sports bars or sporting events. If you are simply looking for a cold light tasting beer, this fits the bill.

3.75/5  rDev +37.9%

This beer has a time and place. It is not to be dismissed out if hand. While lacking complexity and balance, it hits the spot in a hit day, out doors, when you are looking to throw back a quite a few. A crowd pleaser for good old beer drinkers.

4.75/5  rDev +74.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

After throwing down quads and other dark Belgians all winter and spring and steady intermingling cases of ayinger Oktoberfest in-between, I have to throw on my Costas and Sperrys and unwind with the finest damn island hoppin beer of all time.. No not you, corona.
I can not be hater here. This is a very good Meixcan beer. This beer is godd with pizza , mexican food or any spice foods. It is close second to Corona Extra!

Apperance- Golden with a fizzy white head an a minimal lacing. Like a adjunct lager.

Smell- Some grains,corn, and hops.

Taste- Hasa light flavor, clean flavor with some after taste. I t was very good good balance and mild mild bitterness on the back end whic i did not care for.

Mouthful-Carbonation that doesn't fade and moderate dryness.

Overall- This is a Great beer for the Summer! It rrank high beer compared to others in its class, Pacifico is head and shoulder above the rest.. I will be drank this beer for the summer and many summers to come! Thank you Grupo Modelo in makeing another great beer!

3.55/5  rDev +30.5%

Sorry I love this beer, guilty pleasure yes. But let me tell you I have nothing but fond memories drinking 12 packs of this one the beach while living in Southern California when I was there the summer after my freshman year in college. I also discovered craft beer that way that most of us here know it but this beer is just good mass produced lager, it's not rotten like most mass produced Mexican swill. I even drink it ocasionally at my local Mexican restaurant called Puerta Vallarta. I even squeeze the lime and it tastes so good in bottle or frosted mug. Bottles there are 2 bucks, I just finished a 20 dollar bottle of Infinium. I'd rather drink ice cold Pacifico with Arroz con Pollo and Chile Relleno anyday. Even compared to other shitty beers, this is good tasting and enjoyable, so I'm offended that this is considered the bottom of the barrel. Yes it's fizzy yellow beer and it has corn and rice adjuncts but this one is a lesser of all evils for me. Flavor wise straight or with lime it has subtle sweetness no raw off flavors just a dynamic drinking experience that comes of both drinkable and enjoyable especially when paired with the right foods. Drinkability overall is great mouthfeel is light bodied mass produced thin fizzy lager that I really really like drinking.

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

12 oz. from the bottle.

Appearance: Out of brown bottle, so hard to tell. Appears lagery.

Aroma: Not much. Clean, some malt.

Taste: Slightly sweet maltiness along with a whiff of corn. Clean, standard American lager.

Mouthfeel: Light, watery.

Overall: It's a taco beer. Drink it with a taco. Perfectly fine standard lager.

3.25/5  rDev +19.5%

Appearance:
Straw color, crystal clear. Some rising carbonation. Thin soapy head.

Aroma:
Sweet grain and corn.

Taste/Finish/Body:
Sweet grain, cereal, some corn. Slight bitterness towards the end. Finish is dry, very crisp. Body is thin, crisp, refreshing, dry, fizzy.

Overall:
It's a decent beer.

3.03/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I must admit I have a soft spot in my heart for this beer....it's all I drink when I'm in Cabo on fishing trips.

Pours a clear pale yellow with a fair amount of effervescent head that quickly disappears

Smell is lightly sweet, with a slight herbal/floral character

Taste is light biscuit, with very little hop, however just enough to add an astringency which evokes citrus.

Above average carbonation, fairly crisp and dry. Leaves you wanting another.

Very good for what it is....a beach beer. Well crafted in the sense that it's designed to complement salty/lime foods. Perfect for some fish tacos, guacamole, and lime.

2.25/5  rDev -17.3%

2.43/5  rDev -10.7%

Out of a bottle this beer was a clear gold color with lots of rising carbonation and a pure white head. The retention was not bad and it left spots of lacing. The aroma was faint, mostly of corn, grains and a hint of grassy hops. The flavors were equally weak. Nothing objectionable per se, just the standard washed out corn and grain mash with a hint of hop bitterness on the finish. Very watery and almost like drinking beer flavored Gatorade. The mouthfeel was watery, the body light and the carbonation moderate

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%

3.09/5  rDev +13.6%

3.25/5  rDev +19.5%

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

3.96/5  rDev +45.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Light body. Crisp refreshing goes down smooth. Taste of corn, malt, and grains. Good bbq/session beer. Prefer it over Modelo and Corona.

2.3/5  rDev -15.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Yea, this one is really not that good. The appearence says it all. Void of color, viscosity, retention, and character. Over carbonated and fizzy. Smells grainy with a little sweetness (malt and corn). As the malt sweetness subsides, a peroxide flavor dominates. Flavors are fleeting, leaving a grain husk bite-eyness behind. Makes that Carta Blanca seem like great beer.

2.47/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Grabbed some for a mellow day watching basketball.

Appearance- Light straw yellow. Quarter inch of stark white head. Very clear. Not very inspiring.

Smell- Grainy, some light almost citrus. Sort of a sweet adjunct maltiness.

Taste- Light grain. Some real sweetness. Hint of lemon.

Mouthfeel- Very light. Quite carbonated.

Drinkability- Goes down.

Uninspiring. Prefer it in the bottle with a slice of lemon/lime. Totally inoffensive for what it is.

2.23/5  rDev -18%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.05/5  rDev +12.1%

Part of a BEERS OF THE WORLD package. I had this one before during holidaying in Mexico, only from a can back then.
First things first, a long neck bottle of 355 ml, best before 2013, ABV at 4,5%, with only a front label. Ingredients are written in german on the label and except from the usual water, malts and hops, includes also rice and papain.
Once poured it gave me a golden yellow beer, with one finger of head, with an average retention. Head leaves a thin layer on top of the beer once gone, no lacing whatsoever though.Medium activity in the glass, in the form of bubbles.
The smell was quite sweet and mostly of malts. I can't really smell any rice grains, but at least it doesn't have the corn smell I had experienced when I drunk it from a can. Corn is also abscent from the taste, it's so much different from the one I had back there. This one has a sweet malty taste and is as easily drinkable as any other lager, with a very discreet bitter aftertaste.
Thin on the body with moderate carbonation. Dry on the palate.
To conlude, this was so much different from the one I had from a can, I would prefer it over Corona and Sol any given time.

Cerveza Pacifico Clara from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 2.72 out of 5 with 2,090 ratings