Pacifico Cerveza Clara | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Pacifico Cerveza ClaraPacifico Cerveza Clara
2.7/5
Pacifico Cerveza ClaraPacifico Cerveza Clara

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-02-2002

Ratings: 1,973 |  Reviews: 542
4.42/5  rDev +63.7%

4.34/5  rDev +60.7%

After throwing down quads and other dark Belgians all winter and spring and steady intermingling cases of ayinger Oktoberfest in-between, I have to throw on my Costas and Sperrys and unwind with the finest damn island hoppin beer of all time.. No not you, corona.

A- I cringe at the fact that I'm even pouring this is a glass that doesn't already contain V8, lime, and hot sauce because all other things aside, pacifico makes the best michelada (the only acceptable beer cocktail). In a pilsner glass it's clear light golden with a short fizzy white head and minimal lacing. No better or worse than any adjunct lager. In a bottle, it's brown with a happy yellow label and preferably dripping with little chunks of ice. Sometimes it wears an outer banks neoprene zip up pirate suit.

S- pale grains, maybe some corn, and a minute bit of grassy and floral hops. Miles away from the clear bottled corona and modelo, there's no skunk or off flavor, no tecate blandness, and almost as close to a pilsner as Bohemia. For what I want out of this beer, it is indeed good.

T- light flavor, clean flavor, better flavor. Among its peers it's at the head of the class. Once again not skunked, pleasant mild bitterness on the back end balances out the barely sweet grain flavor. No lime necessary.

MF- take that drinkable corona feeling and make it a hundred times better. Completely refreshing and thirst quenching with carbonation that doesn't fade out. Perfect moderate dryness.

D- I can't be a hater here. It might be a shitty beer compared to other styles but when you consider the class it's in, pacifico is the star. This year and probably for many years to follow, I'll be putting aside the clear bottles and gettin down with that golden anchor volcanic island lifesaver adorned with malt and hops. Give clara a chance. Not after labor day though..

4.3/5  rDev +59.3%

4.29/5  rDev +58.9%

Look: Yellow crystal color, two fingers of foam that disappears very soon;

S: Soft, a mix of fresh malt with corn, remember me the sea i don't know why;

T: Corn mixed with sweet malt, some slightly spicy hops at the end;

M: Extra crisp and refreshing, medium bitterness, medium body and high carbonation;

D: The best beer to drink with sea food.

4.24/5  rDev +57%

Screw it, I admit: I love Pacifico. Could it be gross sentimentality? Maybe. Could it be wanton self-styled rebelliousness, my beer of choice when thumbing my nose at the beer snobs? Perhaps. Or, maybe, just maybe, this is a really satisfying drink. Goes down like water, without being watery, perfectly carb'd, this is the absolute epitome of a beer that demands another sip, the bottle gone in what feels like seconds. It's got a faint hint of corn in the nose, or maybe it's psychosomatic, too many evenings of chips and salsa at the local taco joint having embedded in my brain that harmonious combo of warm corn torilla chips and cold Pacifico (same goes for what I swear is a hint of lime in there too). It's malty, it's entirely inoffensive, it's not skunked, save for perhaps a whiff of it in the nose, but which, sentimental or not, I kind of like. It's weird to rate a beer like this so high, but the stark reality is that I'd rather drink it than most of the beers I'd rate below it. That alone justifies the score in my book. Salud!

4.24/5  rDev +57%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Pacífico brewed by Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V. , with an ABV of 4.50% This brew pours out a nice amber color with a nice white head. It has the look of most lager brews on the market. The smell is skunky with grains and malts. You pick up a hit of hops in the smell of this brew. The taste is bold with flavor. You pick up on grains, malts, and a hit of hops in the taste of this brew. The mouthfeel is smooth and rich with flavor. I like how this brew goes down smooth. There is nothing overpowering in this brew, it has a nice balance to it Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V., did a nice job with this brew. I would buy this brew again.

4.23/5  rDev +56.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm sure glad I tried this before reading these reviews. I live in the Bahamas and with summer coming, this is a most wonderful brew to have around. It's light, rich mouthfeel is followed by sweet corn and a bit of ocean spray. This is my favorite Mexican beer so far and reminds me of the kind of brew the majors should be making. Put me on a boat, catching mahi, with a few of these in the cooler, heaven.

Bruce

4.21/5  rDev +55.9%

The look is pale yellow when poured. The smell is fair. Very subtle and slightly sweet when taking a whiff. The taste is splendid as I am a huge fan of light beers. This beer is very crisp, medium carbonation, and is great for sport gatherings. Perfect with food.

4.15/5  rDev +53.7%

Perhaps the new distribution of this beer has been a goal for the brewery. A lot of people like it in sunny days, it is very drinkable and won't get you durnk so easy. The colour is pale yellow, the one for a lager here. BUt the closest you are to the city were it is brewed the best it tastes.

4.08/5  rDev +51.1%

4.04/5  rDev +49.6%

I've been a fan of Pacifico Clara for a long time. It is probably one of my favorite beers if you particpating in a session. It has no real signature taste. It's easy to drink though. I'm also partial to mexican beers. It has no impressive color. The taste is arguablly not that great. You can dink many of these and not be tired of them. I recommend this for any person that just wants to drink not too seriosly and wants to have fun.

Pacifico has a very thin, quickly-vanishing head, and a crystal-clear golden appearance. Carbonation is moderate. The aroma is a typical beer smell, with a tad higher-than-average barley note. Taste is good, with grain predominating and a nice hop spice. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Pacifico finishes crisp, satisfying, and fairly dry. Overall, I liked this and would certainly have it again.

RJT

Pacifico Cerveza Clara from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 2.7 out of 5 with 1,973 ratings