Pacifico Cerveza Clara | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

poor
awful
Read the review
Pacifico Cerveza ClaraPacifico Cerveza Clara

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-02-2002

Ratings: 1,958 |  Reviews: 535

2.76/5  rDev +4.2%

Pacifico as in most Mexican beers taste best in the summer with a lime...however, judging Pacifico sin limon...its just another no frills cerveza! The beer poors golden clear with good carbonation that give a white foamy head for a brief time. The smell and taste are enhanced with grain. The hops help somewhat with the taste so that it is not bread water. Mouthfeel is easy especially on hot days...enjoy!

3.55/5  rDev +34%

Sorry I love this beer, guilty pleasure yes. But let me tell you I have nothing but fond memories drinking 12 packs of this one the beach while living in Southern California when I was there the summer after my freshman year in college. I also discovered craft beer that way that most of us here know it but this beer is just good mass produced lager, it's not rotten like most mass produced Mexican swill. I even drink it ocasionally at my local Mexican restaurant called Puerta Vallarta. I even squeeze the lime and it tastes so good in bottle or frosted mug. Bottles there are 2 bucks, I just finished a 20 dollar bottle of Infinium. I'd rather drink ice cold Pacifico with Arroz con Pollo and Chile Relleno anyday. Even compared to other shitty beers, this is good tasting and enjoyable, so I'm offended that this is considered the bottom of the barrel. Yes it's fizzy yellow beer and it has corn and rice adjuncts but this one is a lesser of all evils for me. Flavor wise straight or with lime it has subtle sweetness no raw off flavors just a dynamic drinking experience that comes of both drinkable and enjoyable especially when paired with the right foods. Drinkability overall is great mouthfeel is light bodied mass produced thin fizzy lager that I really really like drinking.

3.2/5  rDev +20.8%

Had this one with dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant in N. Raleigh, Torero's.

Drank from the bottle. Not my style, but glasses are hard to come by at this place.

Nothing to offer in terms of appearance. From what little I could smell, it smelled slightly metallic, fruity, and sweet. Taste is corn-like and sweet, a little lemony, and there's a slight metallic off-flavor to the bitter finish. Mouthfeel is light and very carbonated. Quite refreshing and drinkable.

This one isn't bad when viewed in respect to other Mexican beers.

3.07/5  rDev +15.8%

2.58/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from the bottle into a pilsner Libbey glass. Happy Cino de Mayo! or uh maybe? Boy it's been ages since I had one of these.

Pretty much a basic looking lager. A real bright white soapy head, fairly large with a little bit of retention to it, settling down in time to about a finger, but easily three fingers tall. Body color is a deep brass yellow, crystal clear, even a hint of brown chestnut color to it also.

It's that adjunct nose. A bit of corn, there's even a good amount of skunking going on here for a brown bottle. How long was that single sitting in the cooler huh? Cryptic bottle dating on neck, even another websites decipering makes no sense. Some slight sweetness, nothing too syrup, but its not ideal.

Surprisingly skunky quality doesn't hit so much in the palate, but boy it's weak. Surprisingly didn't think this would be that wet, but it's quite flat. Virtually still water and no carbonation. Hints of watery malt and adjunct grain/corn finish. Lots of sweetness on the, and a sort of toothpaste like herbal finish.

Boy this is nothing like I remember it, this is just plain friggin weird. Took one hit for the team, there goes my $2.50, but I am a better man now that I know.

2.13/5  rDev -19.6%

this is some nasty stuff. very light, very clear. Mediciny nose. minimal malt, some grainy hop bitterness. Nasty off flavors, astrigent and harsh. This is an unpleasant product that I poured out after about 1/2 of the bottle. Life is too short to drink this p**s

2.13/5  rDev -19.6%

Pours golden yellow with a foamy white head that has a decent retention for the style at first, though it eventually disappears.

The smell is of grain, some cooked veggies, a hit of husk, and a touch of soap.

The taste is of sweet grain, cooked veggies, some husk with a touch of soap and seltzer water. Sweetness balanced by husk more than by any hop bitterness.

Light-bodied, it has some wet cardboard and something that I can't quite pinpoint that just leaves a blah feel on the palate. Fizzy, for sure.

This isn't even refreshing. It leaves a pretty nasty aftertaste, to boot. Something pretty harsh about it, though on a hot day it's not impossible to finish. But, that's it...as for me, I'll pass - would rather drink water. Very little redeeming qualities to this one.

1.5/5  rDev -43.4%

3.64/5  rDev +37.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Mexican beer is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Growing up in San Diego, this is what we drank when we were younger, especially since we didnt have any money. Plus, it was readily available in TJ and Ensenada. The flavor brings back those memories.

Pacifico is my Mexican beer of choice. I love it on a hot day and when eating some good Mexican food. Founders brews are not meant for Mexican food, but Pacifico is. That's how I roll and how I will continue to do so.

Throw a lime in that bad boy, and you're on your way.

¡Viva Pacifico!

1.92/5  rDev -27.5%

Appearance: lightness personified, clear yellow, with a short, soon dead head, leaving only upwardly migrating bubbles, but nothing lasting on top.

Aroma: corny and sweetish...vastly empty otherwise...not unpleasant, but not pleasant, either...

Taste: wet, miniscule malt, hardly any flavor to speak of, no body, no texture, no mouthfeel beyond the carbonation, and trifling hints of citrus in the taste...Alcoholic soda pop?

Very limited appeal in this one...a thin, hollow, un-tasty alcohol delivery system. Bleh.

2.25/5  rDev -15.1%

2.13/5  rDev -19.6%

Poured from a bottle into a tumbler pint, the beer is a very pale, watery, yellowish coloring with no head whatsoever. Aromas of roasted corn and must. Flavors are sharp and astringent, with a roasty grain and buttery blend that is minimal and underwhelming given the body and feel of the brew. The aftertaste is tangy and astringent, with a sharp, rough finish. Not pleasant at all.

2.25/5  rDev -15.1%

1.95/5  rDev -26.4%

2.65/5  rDev 0%

Pours a clear, yellow color. 1/4 inch head of a white color. Poor retention and poor lacing. Smells of adjunct and yeast, but mostly lacking. Fits the style of an American Adjunct Lager. Mouth feel is smooth and crisp with an average carbonation level. Tastes of adjunct and slight yeast characteristics, but mostly water. Overall, not very much flavor at all.

Pacifico Cerveza Clara from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.