Pacifico Cerveza Clara | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

poor
awful
Read the review
Pacifico Cerveza ClaraPacifico Cerveza Clara

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-02-2002

Ratings: 1,968 |  Reviews: 541

24 ounce can poured into a pint glass

A: Pours a clear straw color with a dull white head, no retention or lacing, looks really thin and light.

A: Sweet corn, slight grassy note, not much else, very bland.

T: Like the nose, lots of corn, slight lemon, grassy note, there's a strange metal taste in the finish.

M: Light bodied, low carbonation.

O: Not a big fan of adjunct lagers and this one fits right in the category, low on every aspect, I'd only drink this again if I on a hot summer day but there are better beers for southern CA summers.

3.51/5  rDev +32%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

3.02/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

3.46/5  rDev +30.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is an adjunct lager, so you kind of know what you are getting into but this is the best of this style I have had. Not so much corn flavor, and very refreshing.

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.96/5  rDev +48.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

2.32/5  rDev -12.8%

I can't really say much about this lager. It's not bad, but are any adjunct lagers ever really bad? They tend to be bland, and Pacifico fits snuggly into that description. The head dissipated fairly quickly although I did like it's colour, which was a darck yellow that bordered on amber. It doesn't have much of a distinctive nose, and it's slightly sweet on the tongue. There is abosolutely nothing memorable about the mouth feel. Like many adjuncts (I feel as if I'm profiling) it's okay, but not very daring, which I suppose is its purpose. While I might find a beer like Wild Heavan's Funkenbach awful, at least it's attempting something.

3.14/5  rDev +18%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.82/5  rDev +6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.69/5  rDev +1.1%

I have had Pacifico at several times, but last night I had one of the best Pacifico beers I have ever tasted. The reason is quite simple - it was ice cold served with a bit of ice on top from the mug being so cold. Of course, the beer itself was refreshing, however with little taste. To say the look is golden is an overstatement, but that is certainly in its purvey of possibilities! Light, refreshing beer that paris with spicy food or hot summer days.

2.82/5  rDev +6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

2.79/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

The funny story about this is that I was at the little deli/bodega across the street from me because I was totally out of beer and wanted to buy a few single bottles to get me through the night. They do not by any means have a great selection, but they have some well known craft basics. After picking up a few Sierra Nevadas, I reached for the six pack of Stone IPA to grab a single. I paid and went home. Clearly I wasn't paying attention because when I got home, I noticed that instead of reaching for a Stone, I got this one. Instead of returning it, I decided to give it a chance.
It is a clear straw yellow brew that leaves a thin film of head but mostly dissapates. Initially grassy in the nose, then sweet from the malt and corn adjuncts. Fuzzy in the mouth, clean, watery, virtually no hops bitterness; it feels like an adjunct Lager, maybe slightly above average. It has a somewhat sweet finish. Honestly, it's not that bad, albbeit very uninteresting. That said, I don't see myself drinking it again.

2.28/5  rDev -14.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Corn and malt and toooonnnss of carbonation. By tons I mean it, it's seriously like a soda. From am objective standpoint it's pretty bad or mediocre at best, but even though my rating isn't high, I can imagine this would be a great beer sitting on the beach and relaxing.

1.79/5  rDev -32.7%

2.12/5  rDev -20.3%

Straight from the bottle to wine glass very cold beer
Appearance: Light pale yellow, minimal head, a lot of lacing
Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else
Taste: not really great Mouth feel: very carbonated
Overall: good beer for the hot weather

2.97/5  rDev +11.7%

4.92/5  rDev +85%

3.08/5  rDev +15.8%

Easy to drink and not too overly bold in BS flavor like craft beers. I like it.

1.93/5  rDev -27.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

3.29/5  rDev +23.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

To me, there is something endearing about Pacifico. As some have said already, this is the best of the Mexican beers. It may not be one for the ages, but you're not always looking for something deep. This one is there for those lazy summer days, or whenever you want a quick taste of the southern border or the California coast. 'Nuff said.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pacifico Cerveza Clara from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.