Victoria Vicky Chamoy
Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Victoria Vicky ChamoyVictoria Vicky Chamoy
Rate It
Beer Geek Stats
From:
Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Mexico
n/a
Victoria Vicky ChamoyVictoria Vicky Chamoy
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by mactrail from Washington

3.99/5  rDev +0.5%
The description is "chela chingona con chamoy y tamarindo." I learned something new, that "Chamoy" is made of dried chiles, lime juice, and fruit, like mango, apricot, or plum. It's quite sweet and spicy as well. I would call it more of a Fruit beer but the chiles are distinctly on the warm side. The tamarind adds another distinctive flavor.

This is tastier and more interesting than any of the other Chelada-style concoctions I've had. Pleasantly spritzy with a substantial body. Hazy red-amber color with a pinkish foam in the glass. Low alcohol and highly flavorful, for a thirst-quenching something different. From the 24 oz can picked up at the Hispanic market.
Dec 25, 2022
Reviewed by superspak from North Carolina

4.12/5  rDev +3.8%
24 ounce can into pint glass, canned on 8/18/22. Pours moderately hazy/cloudy golden orange color with a small foamy off white head with poor retention that reduces to nothing pretty quickly. Minimal lacing and a good amount of streaming carbonation on the glass. Aromas and flavors of apricot, prune, lime, tamarind, chili pepper, berries, citrus peel, salt, peppercorn, cracker, bread, herbal, floral, grass, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate herbal/grassy bitterness, chili spice, and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp/clean/refreshing finishing. Balanced grainy malt, acidity, sticky spice, and salinity in the mouthfeel. A bit of umami and melanoidin character lingering after the finish. Light spice and heat increasing after the finish. Light drying, but not cloying. Very drinkable, similar to a michelada/chelada with a different unique sauce. Great balance of spice with the base beer. Nothing overwhelming. High quality import.
Dec 21, 2022
Reviewed by tyden46

4.07/5  rDev +2.5%
Okay so this probably doesn't really qualify as a proper "beer" but I really enjoyed the tamarind and fruit flavors. Didn't pick up on too much tomato. Sweet and refreshing, good with some candy and fruit.
Dec 11, 2022
Reviewed by buschbeer from Ohio

3.88/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75
24 FL. OZ. can
Served in an imperial nonic pint glass

This beverage pours a ruddy amber hue. Particles are visibly suspended. It is topped with a fleeting head.

The smell is tomato juice, hints of chilies, and light fruit. Mango maybe?

It has a slight tomato soup base taste. Citrusy upfront. Tastes like lime. I get some tropical fruit. Mango. Big fruity aftertaste

Medium bodied with a smooth, comforting mouthfeel

Different and refreshing.
Nov 17, 2022
Reviewed by ZenAgnostic from Texas

4.35/5  rDev +9.6%
24oz can poured into pint glass.

Appearance - Hazy light amber-brown body. Small fizzy white head that dissipates rapidly.

Smell - Tamarind.

Taste - Tamarind. Sweet.

Mouthfeel - Effervescent, crisp, acidic. Refreshing.

Overall - Pretty interesting. Not what I'm used to, was exptecing something more like a Chelada. But this was quite nice.
Nov 16, 2022

Rated: 3.75 by Zekenyce from New Jersey

Nov 11, 2022
Reviewed by BeerBobber from Nevada

3.57/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
Pour color was a rusty red, looking nice. Maybe a reddish brown. Overall the color looks appropriate. Had on finger of head that was gone in a flash. The head had a pinkish tone to it yet like I say, instantly disappeared.

Smell is tomato based. A bit of sweet comes to the nose. Almost like a hard candy of some sort. Maybe my nose is searching for it but I find a faint smell of chili pepper far in the background.

Taste is sweet up front. Definitely like a nice sweet fruit, maybe apricot. Mid way there is a hint of chili. Definitely picking up tomato flavors also. Nicely balanced. There is like zero heat on the taste. Just a ghost of spice at the back end. Sort of like a wisp of smoke and gone.

Mouth feel seem like it is going to be sticky at first but mellows down quickly. Light bodied with a wet finish that does leave a bit of an aftertaste of sweetness.

Overall a nicely balanced beer in the flavor and mouth feel. I do like the appearance as well. I fell that if the beer had a bit more a spicy aspect it would really make this a much better product. Still it is a decently made beer that hits what it is aiming at. So to that I say cheers to all! And God Bless to all of our veterans past and present, God Bless The U.S.A.!
Nov 11, 2022
Reviewed by NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

3.97/5  rDev 0%
Cerveceria Modelo "Victoria Vicky Chamoy"
24 fl. oz. can coded "H192A019 05:05" and sampled on 16 October 2022
$5.79 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: The label reads "BEER WITH NATURAL FLAVORS AND CERTIFIED COLORS" and "3.5% ALC/VOL. PER 12 Fl.OZ. - AVERAGE ANALYSIS: CALORIES 155, CARBS 26.5g, PROTEIN 1.3g, FAT 0.0g.". It's apparently supposed to have flavors of chamoy, which is a pickled fruit sauce that's salty, sweet, sour, floral, and spiced with chilis, and tamarind, which is an earthy and tangy fruit. It's poured a very hazy pinkish-gold colored body beneath a full head of off-white foam that has tan specks in it. That looks like tamarind to me but the label says "natural flavors" so I'm not sure how that can be, but there's definitely particulate in it. If you hold the glass up to the light it looks like a glass of pulpy juice. The head has dropped almost as quickly as it rose up, only lasting a short while longer than a soda pop. In the nose you definitely get the chamoy, although again, it's supposedly just flavoring. It's tart, sweet, and fruity with lots of apricot, plum, and tangerine. It's floral, and there's some earthiness that's got to be from tamarind, and probably chili pepper. On to the taste... it's sweeter than I thought it would be, and very much like dried apricot fruit skins or "fruit roll-ups". I'm tasting some strawberry, watermelon, and mango in there as well. I'm not saying that that's part of what was put in it, just that those are flavors that I'm finding. The floral character remians and there's a bit of chili pepper flavor to it, just a touch, and a tiny bit of spiciness as well. It's very minor though and I doubt my tongue will be tingling even if I drink all 24 ounces. What I'm missing is the tamarind although I guess that's in there as well, I've just never had it at such a low level or mixed with fruit. I normally find it quite tangy and earthy. Hmmm, no, I think I'm wrong, I'm getting some in the finish but it's mostly lime that lingers. I'll just say right now that this is a really weird beer, at least for me. I know that chamoy is a hugely popular condiment in Mexico but I've never had it before so this is an eye opener. If it actually tastes like this I could see it having a fair amount of uses. I'd even pair this with a lot of different Indian foods. Before I finish up with the body let me correct myself in saying that I now have a tingle on the front of my top lip and a little bit on the tongue. In the mouth it's surprisingly full bodied and sugary. There's a lot of carbonation to it but the body holds it in and it's just lightly tingly on the lips and tongue. With everything said it's quite a journey of flavor and aroma, and if you don't mind something sweet you might like it. I personally see it as more of a dessert beer than a refresher but perhaps if it was ice cold, or even with ice in it, it might work in that way. So, how to rate this? I haven't got a clue. Is it a fruit beer? Is it a chili beer? I'll just have to go hedonistically.
Review #8,322
Oct 16, 2022
Reviewed by bluejacket74 from Ohio

4.01/5  rDev +1%
24 ounce can, stamp is smudged on the bottom. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a slightly hazy orange/amber color with about an inch or so off-white head that fizzled away somewhat quickly. Small amount of lacing. I like the aroma, the brew smells like tamarind, chile peppers and some tomato. Taste is pretty much just like the aroma. Nice balance between all the flavors, there's also some salt, citrus and apricot noticeable too. Wasn't really sure what to expect when I bought this, but it's sweet and fruity with a slight kick from the chiles. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's coating, smooth and easy to drink with a moderate amount of carbonation. Had no idea what to expect when I bought this a couple days ago, but I liked it. Would definitely pick this up again in the future!
Oct 09, 2022
Victoria Vicky Chamoy from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.