Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Negra ModeloNegra Modelo
Liked This Beer
3.34 w/ 3,325 Ratings
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2000

Liked:
3.34/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,325 |  Reviews: 994

Had to come back and update this one then decided to review. I pored this from a bottle into a tall New Glarus glass. Looks beautiful in the light, decent head, and smells delicious. Tastes even better. A now must have for my fridge. For me this is an instant favorite! I can drink it warm, cold, bottled or in a glass. It's simple, easy to drink and really tasty. This ones for anyone, if you get a chance try it.

Reviewed for the first time in a restaurante, when i began my career as a professional beer judge. Regarding to the characteristics:

A: Dark brown color with reddish hues at the backlight, good contrast with white foamy head, which is thin and compact but never disappears, acceptable lacing;

S: Clear roasted malt with nut and chocolate;

T: First warns the sweetness of roasted malt, producing chocolate, toffee and cookie, in the palate becomes bitter and appear the hops, creating notes of coffee and roasted chestnuts;

M: Refreshing, high bitterness, full body without begin robust, very good carbonation;

D: Outstanding appearance, smell, taste and mouthfeel, together with Corona Extra the best mexican beers, and adding guinness extra stout, st. peter's cream stout and moosehead lager, my five favorite beers of all time.

Now, this is my first review so bear with me until I get the hang of this. I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. We have an awesome Mexican restaurant in our town, and of course being a beer lover, I wanted a beer with my meal. I asked the server if they had any darker beers, and he suggested this one. It had a decent look to it, not the best I've ever seen but pretty respectable. It had a nice medium brown color, I guess kind of amber. It was a bit fizzy but not too much. I don't like a lot of fizz, but to each their own for those who do. The taste was great! Not too hoppy, which is good for me, and it had a good caramel taste that I thought was present. Taste-wise, I am sure there are much bolder flavored beers out there, but this one doesn't lack flavor and is all in all very good. Not what you'd call a heavier beer, but it has some substance to it. It is worth a try and I personally found I really enjoy it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. I usually am pretty skeptical of mass produced beer like this but I thought this was exceptional and is now one of my favorite beers. It was smooth from start to finish no bitter finish or aftertaste. I has a beautiful dark caramel color that was very appealing. It was a very surprising and enjoyable experience.

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 21.4% out of 100 with 3,325 ratings