Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Negra ModeloNegra Modelo
Liked This Beer
3.34 w/ 3,325 Ratings
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2000

Liked:
3.34/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,325 |  Reviews: 994

Now, this is my first review so bear with me until I get the hang of this. I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. We have an awesome Mexican restaurant in our town, and of course being a beer lover, I wanted a beer with my meal. I asked the server if they had any darker beers, and he suggested this one. It had a decent look to it, not the best I've ever seen but pretty respectable. It had a nice medium brown color, I guess kind of amber. It was a bit fizzy but not too much. I don't like a lot of fizz, but to each their own for those who do. The taste was great! Not too hoppy, which is good for me, and it had a good caramel taste that I thought was present. Taste-wise, I am sure there are much bolder flavored beers out there, but this one doesn't lack flavor and is all in all very good. Not what you'd call a heavier beer, but it has some substance to it. It is worth a try and I personally found I really enjoy it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. I usually am pretty skeptical of mass produced beer like this but I thought this was exceptional and is now one of my favorite beers. It was smooth from start to finish no bitter finish or aftertaste. I has a beautiful dark caramel color that was very appealing. It was a very surprising and enjoyable experience.

4.98/5  rDev +49.1%

Great beer when buying in bulk or for a party. Has a skunky smell, which i enjoy, and it is not too thick to fill you up after one beer. Enjoyable, drinkable, and shareable. Much love.

4.94/5  rDev +47.9%

Having been away from beer for a long while I wanted to get back to drinking. I used to be a light beer drinker before so I wanted to try something new and by chance, and curiosity I ordered a negra modelo. ..wow! what a joy it was drinking that first bottle. When ever I can't find it I try other darks only to be left disappointed. Thanks to the Brewers of this fine beer I now have found my afternoon companion.

4.87/5  rDev +45.8%

4.78/5  rDev +43.1%

The new Negra Modelo had new body, new smell, new flavor to wood, to coffee grain I love it.

4.77/5  rDev +42.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

The name might get you some looks...it ain't racist, yo...and it gets very little marketing...but this drank es Padrisimo! Don't drink the corona extras and puta madre cervezas...this and dos equis ambar are what you need. One time, Anahi, Belinda, AND Maria Elisa Camargo were all over deez nutz when I drank this. Buy it...today.

4.77/5  rDev +42.8%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great taste, smoothnes. Good aroma and aftertaste

4.75/5  rDev +42.2%

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 21.4% out of 100 with 3,325 ratings