Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

good
Read the review
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2000

Ratings: 3,317 |  Reviews: 992

1.04/5  rDev -69.1%

1.08/5  rDev -68%

1.18/5  rDev -65%

Had this beer yesterday out of the bottle and got a chance to try it on tap at a local mexican restruant. I dont know if they got a bad keg or something, but the differance between on-tap and out of the bottle is huge. God awful beer, smelled like burnt rubber, had a huge lack of carbonation...completly flat. No head to speak of, and the beer even tasted slightly warm. Ill be checking back to see if anyone else had the same expierance.

Good beer out of the bottle though.

1.25/5  rDev -62.9%

1.25/5  rDev -62.9%

1.3/5  rDev -61.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Are there ANY good Mexican beers?

1.56/5  rDev -53.7%

1.56/5  rDev -53.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I had this beer on tap in Guadalajar...there are better mexican beers. This one is dark, but with little taste, common for lagers that have been around for a long time! Bland, boring. Get another beer

1.6/5  rDev -52.5%

I bought a 12 pack when I couldn't find any other dark beers at a local super market. I've had Negra Modelo before and thought it was OK. Not great, but better than the many no taste beers out there. Worth buying in a pinch (or when in a supermarket...).

As I was drinking one of the beers, I felt something go into my mouth that shouldn't be there, I immediately spit the beer back into the bottle and pored it out on my plate. I felt that I had swallowed some of whatever it was and wanted to see if I got any of it back in the bottle.

It was fly larvae. Almost fully formed. I put the larvae in a baggie and kept the bottle. the next morning the baggie was buzzing with a newly hatched fly. Disgusting.

I will never, ever drink this filthy beer again and can only imaging how filthy the bottling plant must be to allow live fly larvae in a bottle. I was then, and still am, grossed out every time I take a drink from a bottle.

If I could give this disgusting beer a negative rating, I would.

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.