Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Negra ModeloNegra Modelo
Liked This Beer
3.34 w/ 3,325 ratings
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico

3.34/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,325 |  Reviews: 994

2.89/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Appearance: It has a nice clear deep copper/amber color to it. It has a thin white head that dies down fast and leaves next to no lacing.

Smell: The aromas definitely give out hints of sweet roasty/toasty malts, caramel and a slight nuttiness.

Taste: Like the aromas, it has some roasty malts with some sweet caramel and some nuttiness. Not a whole lot going on here.

Mouthfeel: It has a med/high carbonation with a light overall balance and feel.

Drinkability: It's a very smooth drinkable beer accompanied with decent flavors and aromas.

1.6/5  rDev -52.1%

I bought a 12 pack when I couldn't find any other dark beers at a local super market. I've had Negra Modelo before and thought it was OK. Not great, but better than the many no taste beers out there. Worth buying in a pinch (or when in a supermarket...).

As I was drinking one of the beers, I felt something go into my mouth that shouldn't be there, I immediately spit the beer back into the bottle and pored it out on my plate. I felt that I had swallowed some of whatever it was and wanted to see if I got any of it back in the bottle.

It was fly larvae. Almost fully formed. I put the larvae in a baggie and kept the bottle. the next morning the baggie was buzzing with a newly hatched fly. Disgusting.

I will never, ever drink this filthy beer again and can only imaging how filthy the bottling plant must be to allow live fly larvae in a bottle. I was then, and still am, grossed out every time I take a drink from a bottle.

If I could give this disgusting beer a negative rating, I would.

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 21.4% out of 100 with 3,325 ratings