Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Negra ModeloNegra Modelo
3.34/5
Okay
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2000

Ratings: 3,355 |  Reviews: 1,001
3.75/5  rDev +12.3%

2.75/5  rDev -17.7%

4.2/5  rDev +25.7%

Asked for an Ale in a Mexican Restaurant and received a bottle of Negra Modelo. Had tried Dos Equis and Corona - ugh, so was expecting another also-ran. Quite a surprise! Currently, I keep some on hand, since I drink in such moderation that a 6 pack lasts a month sometimes, but when I want an Ale, I always have one on hand.

4.25/5  rDev +27.2%

4.5/5  rDev +34.7%

2.75/5  rDev -17.7%

2.5/5  rDev -25.1%

3.35/5  rDev +0.3%

Negra Modelo ... I got the Mystery Beer at Green Dot Stables in Detroit expecting to get a Snow Day by New Belgium, but I got this instead. I had never heard of it beforehand.

It's hard for me to say anything about the smell, considering it was in a bottle, and a lime wedge was shoved in the top. Aside from that lime, I got a faint malt aroma.

The taste of this one sort of surprised me ... this is my first beer from Mexico, and I wasn't expecting it to be very good. I thought it would taste like a macro or something. Instead, I got a respectable Mexican beer. There's really nothing about Negra Modelo that stands out, but it's inoffensive. This is worlds better than Corona (Apparently.. and unsurprisingly. As said, haven't had), and a very fair beer.

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 3.34 out of 5 with 3,355 ratings