Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

Negra ModeloNegra Modelo
3.34/5
Okay
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
gmodelo.mx

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 3,383 |  Reviews: 1,009
2.5/5  rDev -25.1%

3.35/5  rDev +0.3%

Negra Modelo ... I got the Mystery Beer at Green Dot Stables in Detroit expecting to get a Snow Day by New Belgium, but I got this instead. I had never heard of it beforehand.

It's hard for me to say anything about the smell, considering it was in a bottle, and a lime wedge was shoved in the top. Aside from that lime, I got a faint malt aroma.

The taste of this one sort of surprised me ... this is my first beer from Mexico, and I wasn't expecting it to be very good. I thought it would taste like a macro or something. Instead, I got a respectable Mexican beer. There's really nothing about Negra Modelo that stands out, but it's inoffensive. This is worlds better than Corona (Apparently.. and unsurprisingly. As said, haven't had), and a very fair beer.

3.41/5  rDev +2.1%

Serving type: 12oz custom brown short bottle with a gold foil at bottle neck

Appearance: Clear brown with a semi-creamy, light brown lace and tiny tight carbonation.
Smell: Clean smelling. Faint herbal aroma. Not much else.

Taste: Malty flavours lead the way. I get some faint coffee, and or molasses. Malts start out with some sweetness but then finish with some sharp dry bitterness .
Finishes rather clean with a touch of lemon hops.
Surprised that this beer from south of the border was this good.

4.35/5  rDev +30.2%

I really like this beer considering it's price and that it is available almost anywhere. It has a nice brown coloring ,really malty smooth flavor with no bitter aftertaste. A little thicker consistency than average. My go to beer if no other darks on sale

4.25/5  rDev +27.2%

2.75/5  rDev -17.7%

4.5/5  rDev +34.7%

2.25/5  rDev -32.6%

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 3.34 out of 5 with 3,383 ratings