Negra Modelo | Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.

good
Read the review
Negra ModeloNegra Modelo

Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.
Mexico

1.25/5  rDev -62.8%

1.25/5  rDev -62.8%

1.3/5  rDev -61.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Are there ANY good Mexican beers?

1.56/5  rDev -53.6%

1.56/5  rDev -53.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I had this beer on tap in Guadalajar...there are better mexican beers. This one is dark, but with little taste, common for lagers that have been around for a long time! Bland, boring. Get another beer

1.6/5  rDev -52.4%

I bought a 12 pack when I couldn't find any other dark beers at a local super market. I've had Negra Modelo before and thought it was OK. Not great, but better than the many no taste beers out there. Worth buying in a pinch (or when in a supermarket...).

As I was drinking one of the beers, I felt something go into my mouth that shouldn't be there, I immediately spit the beer back into the bottle and pored it out on my plate. I felt that I had swallowed some of whatever it was and wanted to see if I got any of it back in the bottle.

It was fly larvae. Almost fully formed. I put the larvae in a baggie and kept the bottle. the next morning the baggie was buzzing with a newly hatched fly. Disgusting.

I will never, ever drink this filthy beer again and can only imaging how filthy the bottling plant must be to allow live fly larvae in a bottle. I was then, and still am, grossed out every time I take a drink from a bottle.

If I could give this disgusting beer a negative rating, I would.

1.63/5  rDev -51.5%

Mass-produced dark beer? Sure, I'll try it......once. I have to say I love the strange-shaped bottle with foil. Very different. Too bad the stuff inside tastes like beer soda.

Appearance is light brown (only "dark" in comparison with most other commercial lagers) with a small, quickly receding head. The bubbles are way too big in size to be at all natural (as my understanding goes)

Smell is very sweet malt. Taste is annoying sweet malt that is only covered up a bit by the hops (I think I taste Saaz). The feel is a little sticky with rough carbonation. I think people give it higher marks just because it isn't a yellow pilsener, but I would easily prefer a budweiser.

1.67/5  rDev -50.3%

12 oz. brown bottle with an annoying gold foil that would not un-wrap for anything! > 16 oz. SA glass

Pours out a solid, clear amber color with what seems to be plenty of carbonation for the task of supporting this overly active white-foam head that has moderate retention and leaves plenty of foam left over.

The aroma is a thin, syruppy malt, earthy whea and corn scent and a tangy, herbal yeast.

The flavor is od butter-toffee malt, cream of corn and wild grains, tangy and bitter wheat....uh, oh...there's that very unpleasant metallic flavor! and it only gets worse. It's really not to bad at first then it just gets bad. The bitter-metallic flavor lingers on and on. 'nuff said.

Light bodied, crispy at first and then it just becomes life-less and thin feeling. The carbonation bite goes away really quick.

Sorry, but this was a drain pour.

1.68/5  rDev -50%

Poured a very light see through brown color. Didn't have much of a nose on it, maybe a bit of coffee. The taste reminded me of cold watered down coffee. Mouthfeel was light with not much body at all. I actually refused to finish this in the restaurant. This is the first beer I've ever sent back and I won't be trying this again.

1.75/5  rDev -47.9%

Negra Modelo from Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V.