Griz Lager

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Griz LagerGriz Lager
Notes: Celebrating 125 years for the University of Montana. A crisp refreshing lager made by Big Sky Brewing Company. Help support higher education in Montana, drink Griz Lager.
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 8 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.13/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Was $2.00 a can at a bar where all other beers were $4.00, so I figured I would give it a try. It is not very strong but has a nice refreshing taste. I wouldn’t choose it over other draft beers but definitely a solid low-end Beer.

3.65/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Light lemon yellow color with white cap.

Aroma of slightly sweet malt and flowery hops. I had to get my nose into the glass to catch the scent which is light but pleasant.

Flavor is a good deal bolder than the scent, almost rich, with sweet malt and a light kiss of hops. A bit fruity, almost lemony, but that may be a suggestion from the color. Simple and refreshing, it starts and finishes on the same note but it's a single note well played.

Medium texture with balancing carbonation.

The Griz is of course the University of Montana mascot and this is a theme beer. A good clean food beer, it reminds me of Hamm's with the rough edges rounded off. Sorta Hamm's with a college education.

3.15/5  rDev -9.5%

This one grew on me the more I drank it. It's extremely pale and almost soda-like in appearance. The smell is very interesting, with lots of white grape and something funky I can't quite place. It tastes fruity too, but quickly mellows off. It's a little sweet at first but this didn't bother me after a few more sips. Really nothing special, definitely best with something salty and fatty. I could see myself gravitating toward this beer if I had a plate of fries in front of me but other than that it wouldn't be my first choice.

Griz Lager from Big Sky Brewing Company