Uncle Bucks Hefeweizen | Uncle Buck's Brewery & Steakhouse

Uncle Buck's Brewery & Steakhouse
Texas, United States
unclebucks.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by HardTarget on 02-04-2010

Reviews by mugglesandhops:
3.87/5  rDev +9.6%

This was my first time in Uncle Buck's and was a little put off by the size of the place and it being attached to a Bass Pro Shop but the beers were not half bad.

Poured a cloudy yellow with a pillowy head that diminished to nothing after a few sips of the beer. Smelled very fruity, banana, some clove but not much. Tasted just as it smelled but the clove comes through a little more than in the aroma, the banana flavor really comes out as well. I am not a hefeweizen fan but I really enjoyed this beer.

3.4/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

I tried this brewery again when I heard they got a new brewmaster. I have heard all of the recipes are new. The beer pours a hazy yellow color with a white head. The aroma and flavor are both bananas and cloves but it tastes somewhat artificial and the two flavors don't mix too well together. Medium soft mouthfeel and low-medium carbonation.

3.25/5  rDev -7.9%